• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Sending data to a webservice

[)roi(]

Executive Member
So you finally concede that for C# and building SOAP services in WCF is the standard? If not please provide one then (I am specifically talking C# and SOAP here). Thanks. (Of course if you're only communicating with other .NET based apps you can add binary transports, but that's not what we're talking about here).
Maybe re SOAP re its legacy; but to definitively state x is y; usually needs to be substantiated by research / survey / ...

...but hey whatever floats the boat; remember my comments from the onset have not broached the subject of WCF, neither would I re IMO it has arguably as much legacy baggage as SOAP does.

I never once said it was the defacto standard for other languages, I merely stated you can call WCF from other languages due the exposure of the WSDL definition.
Sure, I tried to cover for both eventualities; but I guess I failed miserably -- point I tried to express is why would anyone who is developing in Java ever choose build web services with C# or even choose to build their backend with WCF -- and of course the same goes for any other language -- hence I'm back to "in Microsoft circles" it could be a de facto or ...there's a good chance it is. :unsure:

... but hey at least we can agree SOAP sucks... :sneaky:

[)roi(]

Executive Member
I still have to develop SOAP services :( Ah legacy systems and non IT companies!
Somebody's got to do it. I just wouldn't advertise it, unless pf course you want to keep doing it.
Ps. you probably want to hide it away as a tiny font footnote on your CV. :p

Btw, there's still some "IT" companies who use it...