Senior Software Developer - Lonehill Sandton

An opportunity for a Senior Web Developer to join one of South Africa's leading Financial and Tax Consulting companies has just presented itself.
Become part of this niche team, an organisation where opportunity for personal and professional development is at your fingertips. This organisation has been successfully operating Nationally and Internationally for more than a decade.

• We are looking for an individual with experience in relational database design and proven competence in programming object oriented PHP.
  • The successful candidate should be able to build bespoke web applications and specifically online calculators with end user control panels for generated results.
  • The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge in developing applications that are “one page”, rely heavily upon asynchronous behaviour and are database driven.
  • The applications must be responsive and secure, both programming and server security is important.
  • Individual must be driven, energetic, and ambitious.
  • Must be able to work independently when required.
  • Individual must be detailed, structured and precise. To some extent.

Skilled in:
  • Object Oriented PHP
  • SQL
  • HTML 5
  • CSS 3
  • Javascript
  • Ajax

Frameworks:
  • Zend / Symphony
  • Jquery
  • Knockout
  • Requirejs
  • Bootstrap

Reasonable Knowledge of:
  • Relational Database Design
  • Apache server
  • Linux
  • Version control (GIT).

• Flexi-time
  • Favourable working environment
  • Salary is negotiable based on relevant experience

All interested parties can forward their CV to: marilize@africorpsolutions.co.za

stricken

Expert Member
[*]Salary is negotiable based on relevant experience

This always gets me. What they mean to say is they want to see your current payslip and offer you 5-10% more. But if your payslip reflects a figure larger than the person interviewing you earns, then it's a no go.

So negotiable should have at least an upper bound less than or equal to what your potential future manager earns.

This always gets me. What they mean to say is they want to see your current payslip and offer you 5-10% more. But if your payslip reflects a figure larger than the person interviewing you earns, then it's a no go.

So negotiable should have at least an upper bound less than or equal to what your potential future manager earns.

Hi Stricken, thank you for your response.
I do understand where you are coming from as in most cases that is definitely true. However, we are not a Software Development company looking for young developers who should be earning less than the Hiring Manager.
We at our firm believe that if a person is earning a certain salary and can prove they are worth it then we are more than happy to negotiate.

I do understand where you are coming from as in most cases that is definitely true. However, we are not a Software Development company looking for young developers who should be earning less than the Hiring Manager.
We at our firm believe that if a person is earning a certain salary and can prove they are worth it then we are more than happy to negotiate.

stricken

Expert Member

Thank you for clearing that up Stacey. I suppose I was just being a troll, speaking from past experience. Good luck with finding your candidate. I'm sure he/she is out there.

Thank you for clearing that up Stacey. I suppose I was just being a troll, speaking from past experience. Good luck with finding your candidate. I'm sure he/she is out there.

Hi Stricken. Thank you for your response and I'm sorry you've had some bad experience's in the past.
Please feel free to hang on to my details in case you're ever in the job market - I will never waste my candidates time with an interview without knowing what the salary details are beforehand - stacey@africorpsolutions.co.za