Service

Dracos13

I was struggling with Cell c to check data packages and get info, gave up, decided to go to mtn because of their speed and because I already have a phone contract with them, sorry to say, I left a request last week for them to phone me regarding an upgrade and a sim only data contract, sorry to say, they have yet to phone me back.

Seems it's just the norm, help yourself, don't waste your time with customer service on line etc, run to the store, pretty soon we will all gather in the stores again like in the old days. Stand in rows for an hour or 2 to get help...those were the days and it seems thats all that works...almost

wizardofid

Executive Member
I was struggling with Cell c to check data packages and get info, gave up, decided to go to mtn because of their speed and because I already have a phone contract with them, sorry to say, I left a request last week for them to phone me regarding an upgrade and a sim only data contract, sorry to say, they have yet to phone me back.

Seems it's just the norm, help yourself, don't waste your time with customer service on line etc, run to the store, pretty soon we will all gather in the stores again like in the old days. Stand in rows for an hour or 2 to get help...those were the days and it seems thats all that works...almost
You might have fallen through the cracks, they usually get things right the first time around.Customer service is friendly, and not entirely useless you do occasionally get the useless operator.That said when things go south they tend to go south quickly and often requires massive amounts of effort on your part to fix.However if you do get service it is actually pretty good, even their management has decent support and once some thing has been escalated, things seem to get sorted quickly.

Call center is usually quick to answer and find it far more convenient then in store, so I don't get it why people will want to go in store again because you are 1 in a 100 people, that MTN did not call back in a reasonable time frame, that is where you usually call them.It's not the end of the world if they don't call back immediately, nor any thing worth to rant about. You pick up the phone call them, happy endings.

Fake Telkom Account

I recently bought R112 airtime to use on data packages.

No matter which data package I tried to buy, it kept giving me an error message telling me I have insufficient funds.

I had to call customer service 6 times (I counted) to get the issue resolved.

The 6th time the operator knew exactly what to do. Would've been nice if that was the case the first time I called.

Dracos13

You might have fallen through the cracks, they usually get things right the first time around.Customer service is friendly, and not entirely useless you do occasionally get the useless operator.That said when things go south they tend to go south quickly and often requires massive amounts of effort on your part to fix.However if you do get service it is actually pretty good, even their management has decent support and once some thing has been escalated, things seem to get sorted quickly.

Call center is usually quick to answer and find it far more convenient then in store, so I don't get it why people will want to go in store again because you are 1 in a 100 people, that MTN did not call back in a reasonable time frame, that is where you usually call them.It's not the end of the world if they don't call back immediately, nor any thing worth to rant about. You pick up the phone call them, happy endings.
I eventually got a call yesterday afternoon, ended up going in to the store, it went a bit faster I think, hot my phone yesterday as well. Wife applied for the data sim so we still waiting for that.