Settings on a TP Link Archer 7 for Vuma and Cell C

[email protected]

New Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Evening,

This is my first post so please be kind.

I am also technically and aged challenged.

I have vuma installed and am running through a Cell C package where their standard modem is supplied.

All is working well but I now want to change the modem to a TP Link Archer 7 but I have run out of knowledge.

I cannot seem to be able to configure the TP to work.

I have plugged the TP LAN/WAN port directly into the CPE, done as many setups as I can understand but no luck.

The only way I can get the TP to run is to plug it into one of the ports at the back of the Cell C supplied modem.

So - some questions please:

1- Does Cell C need to change the MAC from their supplied modem to my TP ?

2 - What are the settings that I need to have on the TP ?

3- Can I run two modems off the CPR simultaneously ? Assuming I can get the TP to work direct from the CPE ?

Thanks in advance.

Martin
 
Fristly. Don't use your e-mail as a username, I asked a mod to help you change it.
Secondly. Vumatel locks your connection to the mac address, if you connect another device you need them to change something on their side to allow it. Contact them.
Thirdly. Do you want to run two access points you mean? The way your fiber is run, you use routers, not modems in this case. You can run two access points, not sure if you can run two different packages at the same time though.
 
Fristly. Don't use your e-mail as a username, I asked a mod to help you change it.
Secondly. Vumatel locks your connection to the mac address, if you connect another device you need them to change something on their side to allow it. Contact them.
Thirdly. Do you want to run two access points you mean? The way your fiber is run, you use routers, not modems in this case. You can run two access points, not sure if you can run two different packages at the same time though.

You Definitely CANNOT run two different packages at the same time on VUMA. If you want to run 2 packages, you need to get a separate install done for the second package.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X