Sharp accepts $6.2-billion takeover offer from Foxconn

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Expect most of the payout to vanish into nasty pocketses, and layoffs to follow soon...

Thor

Honorary Master
What... is the Apple hardware in fact foxconn??? Jeeeez Foxcon is one of the k@kest motherboards I have ever owned.

Thank god I don't over pay the apple

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Foxconn has one of the best assembly infrastructure available.

The deal was put on hold as of last night by the way. Dunno the latest status

Thor

Honorary Master
Foxconn has one of the best assembly infrastructure available.

The deal was put on hold as of last night by the way. Dunno the latest status
Still the k@kest mobo on the market behind Biostar

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Still the k@kest mobo on the market behind Biostar
Am sure they have noted your opinion. And am sure Microsoft , Apple, Sony and Nintendo amongst others have noticed too.

I mean, look at the crappy products they assemble for some loser IT companies

Foxconn is primarily a contract manufacturer and its clients include major Chinese, American, Finnish, Japanese, and Canadian electronics and information technology companies. [,B] Notable products that the company manufactures include the BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone, Kindle, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nokia and Wii U.[/B]
They are in the top 5 IT companies of the world wrt revenue. And they can't make a decent motherboard!

Let's build an idiot list of companies who regularly deal with them....a kind of wall of shame :

Acer Inc., Amazon.com , Apple Inc. ,BlackBerry Ltd. , Cisco, Dell , Google ,Hewlett-Packard ,Huawei ,Microsoft ,Motorola Mobility ,InFocus ,Nintendo ,Nokia ,Sony ,Toshiba ,Xiaomi ,Vizio

These misinformed fools don't seem to notice the crap motherboards

now05ster

Expert Member
When I think of Sharp I am reminded of their Sharp Elsimate calculators.

Oh how I hated school.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
When I think of Sharp I am reminded of their Sharp Elsimate calculators.

Oh how I hated school.
I remember when calculators first came to SA - Casio and Sharp were the big guns ...... bit like the Apple and Samsung smart phone thing today

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I remember when calculators first came to SA - Casio and Sharp were the big guns ...... bit like the Apple and Samsung smart phone thing today
Casio Fx-82 I think it was called was the clear winner though in terms of market share for secondary school. I had a programmable sharp, so solving quadratics and the like was easy.