Shocking fight between WP and EP U19 players

DanDango

Executive Member
Shocking fight between WP and EP U19 players

https://m.sport24.co.za/Rugby/watch-shocking-fight-between-wp-and-ep-u19-players-20181002

Cape Town - Shocking video footage has emerged of two U19 players - one from Eastern Province and one from Western Province - involved in a fight over the weekend.
The incident took place when the WP right wing Christian Ambadiang was tackled by EP fullback Dylan le Roux.
After the tackle, both players can be seen getting into a scuffle.
Ambadiang pushes Le Roux, who responds with a punch to the face that sees members of both sides rushing to stop the altercation.
Once everything has settled down, the referee shows both players a red card, but it doesn't stop there.
The footage shows the two players walking off together and Ambadiang, clearly not happy with having been punched, head-butts Le Roux, who then throws another punch.
The incident has been shared on Twitter and Facebook and does not paint a good picture for either union.
WP went on to win the SA Rugby U19 Championship match 47-18 at the Despatch Rugby Club.[\QUTOTE]

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Sheesh, WP 14 has serious issues.

Swings what looks like an elbow/forearm after the tackle and then tries to kick it off again.

Credit to the EP 15 though. Tries to keep it cool and he has heart as well, major size difference between the two.

MirageF1

Expert Member
WP 14 a wanker and bully.

Trust he has been disciplined and banned for the rest of season at the v least.

Drifter

Honorary Master
No 14 needs to be banned. He had no call to head butt no 15 after the fact.

Cray

Honorary Master
WP 14 completely at fault here, perhaps EP 15 shouldn't have retaliated but the 14 was the aggressor because he didn't like getting tackled.

Getafix

Expert Member
Hope WP 14 gets suspended for at least two years out of all rugby internationally. Let him be jobless for two years. Let him learn what happens if you can't behave at work.
Hooligan.:mad:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Many are supporting the WP player now, that he was held in the tackle. For me… Well, it looked like the WP player already threw a punch in the tackle when he rolled over in the tackling motion, not to mention that it looked like he was taken into touch in any case.

Possibly, the heat got to him when he was caught in a clean break, lost his temper. I see some are calling that you cannot ban a prodigy, LOL!

Check, the EP player is also going to be gunned by the disciplinary committee.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Many are supporting the WP player now, that he was held in the tackle. For me… Well, it looked like the WP player already threw a punch in the tackle when he rolled over in the tackling motion, not to mention that it looked like he was taken into touch in any case.

Possibly, the heat got to him when he was caught in a clean break, lost his temper. I see some are calling that you cannot ban a prodigy, LOL!

This happens at international level. You often see handbags after a tackle. What you don't often see is the tackled player throwing an elbow.

The EP player got a deserved red for throwing a punch, but he wasn't the one instigating that sort of stuff. If someone holding you is grounds for you to start throwing elbows and forearms you are going to be picking up a lot of red cards throughout your rugby career.

Furthermore, the WP player's behaviour walking off the field should destroy any support he has. He slaps, holds and then headbutts the EP player all while the EP Player is trying to obey the ref's decision and leave the field. You can even hear the other EP players telling the ref to look at what was going on before the EP player threw a second punch in self-defence.

Both players deserve a ban. The WP player deserves the bigger ban.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master

Gee I wonder why...

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
To continue fighting is going a bit to far, but it happens. Ban them for a game. Nothing shocking.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
To continue fighting is going a bit to far, but it happens. Ban them for a game. Nothing shocking.
They were both red carded by the law of the game, but they continued the fight after the sanction of game suspension in sin bin. No matter who instigated, who hit first or second, they both need to attend a disciplinary hearing where 'assault' will now be on the table, nevermind that Despatch RFC will also now be pulled into this. They made a mess, and the WP player is one who needs to own up for all parties involved.