Short domains

rvZA

Expert Member
Are 2 character .com, .net, .org or 3 letter .com domain names still a thing?

Whyohwhy

Hi,

Yes, they are Premium domain names and still a thing at a jaw-dropping price.

rvZA

Expert Member
Hi,

Yes, they are Premium domain names and still a thing at a jaw-dropping price.

Hence the reason me asking if they are still a thing.

The last time I was into buying domains was around 2003. 3 letter .coms sold at around $3000-5000 back then, 3 character .coms sold at around $60-80. Couple 2 character .net domains sold at $600.

I see 3 letter .coms are now $20k and upwards, 3 character .com are $2k and upwards and 2 letter .net going anywhere from 4k and upwards.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Its a fools game however. Owning a premium domain and selling a premium domain is two very different things. Massive premium on the domains then you need to build something on them to make them worth something

rvZA

Expert Member
Its a fools game however. Owning a premium domain and selling a premium domain is two very different things. Massive premium on the domains then you need to build something on them to make them worth something

Naturally, every domain needs to be developed to add value to it. But, there are domain names that require no website to have monetary value. 1 and 2 letter / character .com, .net and .orgs and 3 letter .coms are examples. These domains seems to have increased in massive value the past 10 years and there are no websites associated with them.