Showmax not working with Smart DNS Proxy

LondonLad

I use Smart DNS Proxy to geo unblock BBC iPlayer, etc and have configured the DHCP settings on my router to use their proxy servers. Usually everything works fine except that I cannot access Showmax - cannot open their website, login to the app, etc until I disable the Smart DNS proxies on my router. Anyone know a workaround? I guess with Smart DNS enabled, Showmax is thinking I am located outside SA.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Have the same problem.
Disabled it works, enabled nothing.
Using SA dns servers
Vox

LondonLad

It works for me with smart DNS

Which DNS servers are you using? It doesn't work for me using the two SA servers:

South Africa 1 154.127.57.224
South Africa 2 129.232.164.26

Perhaps it might work using some of the other options, might have to do a bit of trial-and-error.

Madaboutbullterriers

Which DNS servers are you using? It doesn't work for me using the two SA servers:

South Africa 1 154.127.57.224
South Africa 2 129.232.164.26

Perhaps it might work using some of the other options, might have to do a bit of trial-and-error.

I am using those ones check your actual region settings if you have that set up correctly otherwise send them a message they are very helpful

LondonLad

I am using those ones check your actual region settings if you have that set up correctly otherwise send them a message they are very helpful

Thanks, I did send them a message although they simply told me to disable their proxies to access local content. So not that helpful!

My channel groups A to D are all set to United Kingdom - which ones work for you?

steco777

Sounds like their routing for some channels are overlapping geo check for showmax. Do you get error message before video play or when you click play?