Signal advice?

gwenrb

I have the usual story, I live on a farm/rural area with poor signal blah blah blah..the thing is I had everything set up just fine with 3G High gain antenna for modems and a Mimo for my router to stream/download movies. The system wasn't perfect but it was fairly reliable and stable ... but hell's teeth everything has gone to pot in the last 6 months. Ever since some work was done on our local tower, our signal drops faster than a stripper his or her clothes..basically from full strength to zero every few minutes ... on, off, on, off all the time.
Any suggestions would be appreciated :love:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Network operator?
If VC have you seen the posts in other threads about VCs network issues that have been plaguing everyone of late?

gwenrb

Yes Vodacom - so you think this isn't isolated?
Also while dealing with Vodacom is there an app that one can load to your desktop that can allow you to send *111# and and do data transfers. I don't want to keep taking my sim out all the time to put it in a phone. The main website doesn't allow for that unless I have missed it?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yes it is or was pretty general. Good point about whether the VC app works on a laptop or desktop. Have not tried lately.