Signing up with ISP on Vumatel

Koosvanwyk

Is it just me or are South African ISP's poor when it comes to customer service?

Vumatel installed the CPE into my premises on Monday. I signed up with Vox a while back (before the installation of the CPE). On Monday morning I gave the object reference through to Vox.

To date Vox has not activated the line. Various calls and emails to Vox (most of which went unanswered) later, the only feedback that I got is that they are waiting for Vumatel (for what I don’t know). Apparently it has been “escalated” but this is yet to result in any concrete action.

Spoke to Vumatel who said that everything on their side is fine, the line is active and they can see on their side that no package has been selected for this line

Someone here seems to be completely incompetent?

Anyone else experience this and any suggested solutions.

P.S. It is probably unfair to generalise (I am hoping that the 1st statement to this post is incorrect).

Last edited:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
You're supposed to sign up via the Vumatel portal. Not your ISP.

Koosvanwyk

You're supposed to sign up via the Vumatel portal. Not your ISP.

You can do both, I confirmed this with ISP and Vumatel. If you do it directly with the ISP you need to supply them with the object number, which I did.

Koosvanwyk

Some further detail, on Tuesday Vox told me that there was a duplicate order, which delayed the process, but this was fixed earlier that day.

On Wednesday Vox told me they are waiting for the provisioning, got the same message on Tuesday and again today / Friday.