Simple chainsaw for week-end gardener - Stramm?

FFMG

Hey,

I need a cheap chainsaw for cleaning some parts of the garden.

I am not keen on an electric one as I might take it away with me sometimes, (or use it during loadshedding), Game has one for about R1300.00, (https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/A.../Chainsaws-&-Blowers/CHAINSAW-45CC/p/00794821)

It is 45cc and seems to be what I am looking for.

It is a Stramm, and I never heard of that brand ... can anybody comment if it is good/bad/ok.
Again, I am not looking for professional grade stuff, just to cut a couple of branches a year at most, not clear out a council playground.

Thanks

Daruk

Honorary Master
Hey,

I am not keen on an electric one as I might take it away with me sometimes, (or use it during loadshedding), Game has one for about R1300.00, (https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/All-Game-Categories/Home-&-Garden/Gardening-Tools-&-Machinery/Chainsaws-&-Blowers/CHAINSAW-45CC/p/00794821)

It is a Stramm, and I never heard of that brand ... can anybody comment if it is good/bad/ok.
Again, I am not looking for professional grade stuff, just to cut a couple of branches a year at most, not clear out a council playground.

Thanks
Rather get Ryobi or a similar make. Stramm = Fragram afaik. Not designed to last.

Daruk

Honorary Master

soulie

Hey,

I am not keen on an electric one as I might take it away with me sometimes, (or use it during loadshedding), Game has one for about R1300.00, (https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/All-Game-Categories/Home-&-Garden/Gardening-Tools-&-Machinery/Chainsaws-&-Blowers/CHAINSAW-45CC/p/00794821)

Thanks
I actually bought one , nice machine ,pity i couldnt get it to start , took it back no issues with Game service and got a Ryobi , no issues starting it , needed a smaller machine than my Husky to cut small branches high up over my head , i wont stand on a ladder with my big machine .

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Not chainsaw but still garden tools.
I bought Ryobi petrol lawn mower and weed eater through Mica Silver Lakes and got excellent service from them. Had both serviced and no issues what so ever.

grok

Honorary Master
You get electric chain saws?

Yeah I'm ignorant, but looking suspiciously at those tall trees blocking the sunlight from my lawn.. here kitty kitty!!

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You get electric chain saws?

Yeah I'm ignorant, but looking suspiciously at those tall trees blocking the sunlight from my lawn.. here kitty kitty!!
Sure - better yet you get them on long poles for trimming branches and they're awesome.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 09.12.44.png

Duke of Hazard

Why not add a little more and get a Stihl? I got one with I think a 300mm blade that can vut up to 600mm diameter trees for about R1700.

Spares, blades, filters, oild whatever all available.

Before this I had a Wolf Chainsaw that was bigger and couldn't find a new blade anywhere

jphegers

I have a 7.5kw generator,what is the advantage price to get a iolchange and service at one's home?

mister

Executive Member
I am not keen on an electric one as I might take it away with me sometimes
Wonder if the OP did take the chainsaw 'away' with him, and who never returned from the trip?

FFMG

Wonder if the OP did take the chainsaw 'away' with him, and who never returned from the trip?
Well ... 6 months ago, when I asked the question, yes, I took one away with me. Everybody returned safe and sound.