Skype Number - SA Alternatives ?

scud

Not sure if this qualifies as VOIP question.

I'm needing to setup a new telephone number for my business, and setting up a local SA Skype Number seems fairly ok.

But it won't allow me to set a custom voice message, ( i.e. if I don't take the call, then the caller gets to hear an audio message.)

Are there any better alternatives to Skype, possibly something that would forward to my personal cell number.

any suggestions welcome :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Have a look at Greydot.me

They are pretty decent and very affordable.

m0zy

Expert Member
Not sure if this qualifies as VOIP question.

I'm needing to setup a new telephone number for my business, and setting up a local SA Skype Number seems fairly ok.

But it won't allow me to set a custom voice message, ( i.e. if I don't take the call, then the caller gets to hear an audio message.)

Are there any better alternatives to Skype, possibly something that would forward to my personal cell number.

any suggestions welcome :)
Try Axxess Voice, comes with 3 months call time rollover.

https://www.axxess.co.za/voice/calltime

signates

Executive Member
Thanks , busy weighing up the options.
Interesting business this, seems like there’s no need for a landline anymore, muck cheaper alternatives
And yet potential clients, companies, finance institutions don't take you seriously if you don't have a land line number. I signed up with Connection Telecom for an 021 geographical voip number about 8 years ago at R57 per month just to give the bank a "land-line" number. They even offered an unattended IVR system. Thank you for calling XYZ Pty. Press 1 for Peter, 2 for Paul, 3 to leave a message, etc, and call recording. All diverted to cellphone numbers with no office bound staff.

scud

And yet potential clients, companies, finance institutions don't take you seriously if you don't have a land line number. I signed up with Connection Telecom for an 021 geographical voip number about 8 years ago at R57 per month just to give the bank a "land-line" number. They even offered an unattended IVR system. Thank you for calling XYZ Pty. Press 1 for Peter, 2 for Paul, 3 to leave a message, etc, and call recording. All diverted to cellphone numbers with no office bound staff.
Thanks
I tried connection telecom, but you need minimum of 5 no’s

Vox web order form is broke, so I’ll avoid them

Settled on Skype number (021) which was about $35 per year . Which is a 50% discount for a yearly sub.

Skype can forward to any phone number , or other Skype account if Not answered for x seconds. Will see how it goes
At least I can ditch my Telkom landline now

8ta Network Optimist

Does axxess allow call forwarding , re if I am not home and the phone rings out can it forward the call to my cell phone? If it does allow call forwarding would I set that up in my online account?

Last edited:
Hi Scud,

If you are still searching for a working solution, we could provide you with a landline number, auto attendant (welcome to xyz company, for sales press 1, for accounts press 2 etc) voice mail and immediate and automatic forwarding to your cell, or as many cell phones are require, ringing in sequence or simultaneous, all in for R100 per month, on a simple month to month basis, no strings attached.

It's something we often deploy for start up companies or people who's business entails being on the road and outside the office.

If this sounds like a workable solution for your needs, pop me an email at thomas@malibongwe.co.za and I will be glad to help.

www.malibongwe.co.za