Slow bandwidth at night .

Lyle Smith

What is actually going on with your service ? I signed for for uncapped unlimited and now it seems that it slows right down every evening . Can you please explain this ? Don’t ask me to do a speed test because you will be embarrassed with the results .

Lyle Smith

Err, is this directed at anyone in particular?
Sorry man . Technology and myself are not very good mates . Was aimed at Afrihost and whoever is putting a “ kink “ in my fibre line every evening . Trying to find out how this can be sorted if they keep claiming not to be shaping or choking the supply . ‍♂

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Sorry man . Technology and myself are not very good mates . Was aimed at Afrihost and whoever is putting a “ kink “ in my fibre line every evening . Trying to find out how this can be sorted if they keep claiming not to be shaping or choking the supply . ‍♂
Well, the problem is then likely whomever is your fibre provider (FrogFoot maybe?), because my Afrihost OpenServe fibre run smooth as a dream, even at night.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Good morning,

I would like to investigate and see what we can do from our side. We do not shape or throttle any of our Fibre, ADSL or Capped Fixed LTE services. We even stopped shaping and throttling our legacy adsl packages that had these restrictions before. They have now all become unshaped packages.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
What is actually going on with your service ? I signed for for uncapped unlimited and now it seems that it slows right down every evening . Can you please explain this ? Don’t ask me to do a speed test because you will be embarrassed with the results .
Rather difficult to suggest anything if you don't provide at least a few clues.
ADSL, fibre, or one of the mobile packages?
If fibre or mobile, who is the infrastructure provider?
And the area in which you reside or are trying to use the service.
A speed test helps a little bit in diagnosing possible causes.
A ping test to the point where download is coming from also helps.
What are you trying to download or stream?

To Afrihost,
By now , there has to be something you know about these complaints? There are just too many to simply write them off.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Fibre! Please report this directly to your internet service provider who will need to log a ticket with us and liaise directly with our support department to investigate.

VettieOriginal

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Fibre! Please report this directly to your internet service provider who will need to log a ticket with us and liaise directly with our support department to investigate.
Dear Frogfoot.

I have a concern and would like to see what your suggestion is to resolve

So a lot of ISP will say the issue is with you ect and say they have logged it, but how do i as the customer of both the ISP and FNO confirm and follow up on this issue if we can not contact you directly with the reference ect?

I am concerned that there is a lot of frustration that could of been resolved if there was a portal or something where we can check if the reference by the ISP is a. Valid and b. See feedback on it.

Would be interesting to your response in the matter.

Regards

Vettie AKA Double thick Milkshake and chips XD

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Dear Frogfoot.

I have a concern and would like to see what your suggestion is to resolve

So a lot of ISP will say the issue is with you ect and say they have logged it, but how do i as the customer of both the ISP and FNO confirm and follow up on this issue if we can not contact you directly with the reference ect?

I am concerned that there is a lot of frustration that could of been resolved if there was a portal or something where we can check if the reference by the ISP is a. Valid and b. See feedback on it.

Would be interesting to your response in the matter.

Regards

Vettie AKA Double thick Milkshake and chips XD
Hi there,

Unfortunately we rely on set communication channels to assist end-users, and therefore need ISPs to log tickets with us. You are welcome to follow up with us, if you have not received feedback from your ISP and it is an ongoing issue that is not being resolved, by providing us with your FF reference number.

VettieOriginal

Hi there,

Unfortunately we rely on set communication channels to assist end-users, and therefore need ISPs to log tickets with us. You are welcome to follow up with us, if you have not received feedback from your ISP and it is an ongoing issue that is not being resolved, by providing us with your FF reference number.
Perfect thanks, as long as we can follow up the reason i asked was due to an issue i had with packet loss, and all my ISP said was they have logged if with FF and they are awaiting feedback, the entire issue took almost 2 weeks to get resolved and was resolved but my issue was still that i could not see a few things that i would of like to know if they where being truthful or not and that is the reason i was asking for maybe a portal to check references numbers would be a good idea.

But in any case of it happens again i will be sure to pop you all a mail or a PVT to assist, i just think a few ISP say they logged and only do so a day or 2 later when you call again and loose all your marbles

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Cool, it seems someone has already tagged Afrihost in the thread. I was just really lost as to which ISP you were referring to.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Have you checked that it's not your WIFI signal? I helped a friend of mine the other day with a connection that slowed down in the evening. Turned out he had massive WIFI congestion around him and he was using the 2.4Ghz band with several neighbouring AP's around him on the same channel. I moved him to a less congested channel and the problem disappeared.