Slow speeds on MobileAP Samsung GIO

Hemps

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
11,671
Reaction score
1,634
Location
Slummies
I have a spare Samsung GIO I use as a wireless hotspot, it's got an MTN data only sim inserted.

If I run a speed test from the phone itself I get 1.5mbs
If I connect to hotspot with my ipad 2 or another phone I get 23kb download speed?

I have tried upgrading the ROM but still the same issues.
 
And guess what it works 100% with my wife's iphone, no hassles and fast.
WTF I chose an android phone for I don't know.
Buggy krap
 
Weird.... I have that same phone and I get speeds of 250-300KB/s with it.
 
Weird.... I have that same phone and I get speeds of 250-300KB/s with it.

Cant be location as a direct test on phone gets me 1mb+
Connected via laptop to see if the ipad might have an issue but same thing, 30kb.
Things are right next to each other.
 
From what I'm seeing online is that many people have this problem, but no fix.
Why would it work perfectly with an iphone.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X