Smart Cards with reasonable storage capacity

Daruk

Honorary Master
I'm finding so little info online. What smart cards should I be looking for to store anywhere from 8kb to 256 kb of data? Is there a specific tech term I'm looking for? So many options on Amazon, but so few describe the storage capacity. I'm looking for best storage capacity, not necessarily contactless. Happy to use a regular non-rfid based card aka contact card - ISO 7816.

Thanks!

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Go to Gemalto’s website and have a look there.

Best to get information at the source.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Go to Gemalto’s website and have a look there.

Best to get information at the source.
Looks like Gemalto's line is access control which wouldn't require much storage. I'm looking at small scale data storage...

ponder

Honorary Master
Google 256kb smart card, see which controller model they use and search based on that.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Google 256kb smart card, see which controller model they use and search based on that.
Now we're getting somewhere. I'm amazed, though, that these are not commonplace in the US market. Seems they have no use for them. I see ali is full of them. Thanks!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Looks like Gemalto's line is access control which wouldn't require much storage. I'm looking at small scale data storage...
Heh? The make almost every sim and smart card chip in the world.

Thor

Honorary Master
Now we're getting somewhere. I'm amazed, though, that these are not commonplace in the US market. Seems they have no use for them. I see ali is full of them. Thanks!
What is your use case?