SNO launch [that does not include ADSL]

b4kd

Hopefully, there are no hiccups for tomorrows launch, to which they will have to move the launch date to next year august or something . Be interesting to see what their service offerings and prices will be like.

HellTel

Hopefully, there are no hiccups for tomorrows launch, to which they will have to move the launch date to next year august or something . Be interesting to see what their service offerings and prices will be like.

I actually heard that the SNO will only start offering their services as from January next year, don't really know how true this is.

Also heard that they were in negotiations with Eskom for quite some time, because they want to use their electrical cables to provide the service.

Hope the launch is a positive one. The time they took to prepare for this if is not worth it, it will really be a great disappointment to all of us, lets just hope that they are not under restrictions for 5 years .. :rolleyes:

kilos

Expert Member
Still no local peering and their website is hosted
on the VSNL.net.in network (violence,sex,nudity,language)
in India.
Anyone sent them an email asking about prices & services ?
Still early days I suppose ?

matt loves telkom

Im tired of always complaining about Telkom.its got to a point where its boring.il just say that one thing is 4 sure - im never using dialup again....NEVER.il sign my soul to the devil over and over again.as long as no more 3kbps download again :)

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
I actually heard that the SNO will only start offering their services as from January next year, don't really know how true this is.
I think that was for residential services, the launch for corporate and wholesale services is supposed to be tomorrow (actually today now)

Also heard that they were in negotiations with Eskom for quite some time, because they want to use their electrical cables to provide the service.
They already have a deal with Eskom and Transnet :)
http://www.mybroadband.co.za/nephp/?m=show&id=3845

b4kd

Hope the launch is a positive one. The time they took to prepare for this if is not worth it, it will really be a great disappointment to all of us, lets just hope that they are not under restrictions for 5 years .. :rolleyes:
I think they going to launch their wholesale services and stuff to ISP's and maybe some corporates... They consumer services will be launched in january (thats what it says on the website i think)

I'm sure it will be a positive one, after all, SA needs this...

I for one have faith in SNOT :D <--- lets hope it doesn't decide to use me as a Kleenex!

b4kd

yip.

you and another what? 1000 myadsl.co.za users?

lol Telkom is here and it's here to stay.

SNOT is going to be a joke.
You see, its that kind of negativity that really screws SA.... Of course telkom will beat them for the first 2 years or so, but not enough to run them outta business... When they do get off their feet, its gonna be telkom whose gonna have their tail between their legs! I for one, am very happy that i will soon have a choice in my communication services, which you should too.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
it's not called negativity. i still hate Telkom as much as you do.

it's called accepting our situation and moving on.

i'm tired of being overly optimistic.

so good luck to those trigger happy SNOT believers :)

b4kd

it's not called negativity. i still hate Telkom as much as you do.

it's called accepting our situation and moving on.

i'm tired of being overly optimistic.

so good luck to those trigger happy SNOT believers :)
touche! ;)

Surv0

Executive Member
Well i think our situation cant really get much worse. What would we have if we didnt have faith or belief that the dire situation of telecoms in this country is in for a change. We must welcome the thought of competition even tho it might not seem as if itll make much of a difference. Maybe not right away but we will c the difference in the future. Telkom's not running around like a headless chicken for nothing, they have also noticed the imminent arrival of the competition :> time to start jacking up your game, people will have a choice soon...

killadoob

Honorary Master
if they offer broadband i will move even if they are on par with telkom

hopefully we can 30 gb plus a nice fast line for like 400-600

but im sure that wont happen

im the sno will screw us just like telkom

look at the cellphone companies
we still getting screwed and their are 4 of them

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
If they provide better ADSL offerings (more cap, less cost).. I will move. Yes, don't excpect to see too much competion... but 2 is better than 1

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
look at the cellphone companies
we still getting screwed and their are 4 of them
Exactly - I dont expect to see much of a difference unless there is regulatory pressure exerted.

I'd sooner have a SNR - second national regulator.

derekc

Expert Member
anyone know how many employees they currently employ now? from the looks of it they havent employed many. That makes me doubt how they will be able to be ready to offer services in Jan 2007 since training your employees to face customers in 4 months is fairly unrealistic.