Social skills

Devill

Damned
Know any good courses to become more socially adept? Something like toast masters might fall into this category, I'll look into that. Maybe you can reccomend a book but I think I need something more practical.
Go out and party, you will pick up the tricks of the trade soon enough :)

Also maybe read some social magazines like top billing and mens health, no not FHM :p:D

Also read this :D http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=169295

Messugga

Honorary Master
Going out regularly sounds like good advice. You'll meet people you'll most likely never see again, so offending them wouldn't really be a issue. What worked for me was being thrown into retail where I HAD to deal with people because I had to sell them products. These days I'm pretty adept at dealing with people and a LOT more confident than I used to be.

Devill

Damned
Top Billing!!!!???? WTF!?

And in other news, Devill suggests you watch 50/50 or Noot vir Noot to improve your sex life.
Bhahaha look old man, I know that you are lashing out because you have lost your mojo...

You are a DJ ffs, everyone knows they have NO style what so ever:p:D

PsyWulf

Executive Member
a book called "The Game"

Ultimate female mojo and personality building :p

DJ...

Banned
Bhahaha look old man, I know that you are lashing out because you have lost your mojo...

You are a DJ ffs, everyone knows they have NO style what so ever:p:D
This is about becoming social young lad. You shouldnt be posting in here in the first place unless you too are looking for help. Top Billing? Pffft...

Devill

Damned
This is about becoming social young lad. You shouldnt be posting in here in the first place unless you too are looking for help. Top Billing? Pffft...
Pfft you could not even get 2 ladies after they were handed to you on a silver platter :rolleyes: :p :D

So can you please give your tips to the OP instead of spinning a "troll tune" the whole day?

DJ...

Banned
Pfft you could not even get 2 ladies after they were handed to you on a silver platter :rolleyes: :p :D

So can you please give your tips to the OP instead of spinning a "troll tune" the whole day?
Oi, lets not bring up my 3some unless you want to be embarrassed. (that is a litle ambiguous, I know)

To the OP: the best advice I can give you is not to listen to Devill. :p

OK, seriously. Becoming social is not something that will happen overnight, and no book is going to change you. It might help, but it won't change who you are and how you interact with people. It might be worthwhile considering why you arent social, instead of creating a persona that you are not comfortable with. Social to one, is antisocial to another. LAN parties are proof this.

Getting out will help, reading magazines wont. Learn some jokes and use them at the right times when you are out. Watch what others do and learn from it, don't just emulate it. Figure out what it is that you want to achieve by becoming more social. Is it more friends, is it the life of the party, is it being invited by people to go out, is it to start enjoying life a little more? Once you know what it is you want, you can insert yourself into situations appropriately.

There is no magic social switch unfortunately, and is dependant on the people you surround yourself with as well. My advice would be to surround yourself with social people...

Devill

Damned
There is no magic social switch unfortunately, and is dependant on the people you surround yourself with as well.
Wrong :D

Alcohol is a magic potion :) It is also called a social lubricant....

J/J

Why do you want to become more social?

Surv0

Executive Member
Know any good courses to become more socially adept? Something like toast masters might fall into this category, I'll look into that. Maybe you can reccomend a book but I think I need something more practical.
confidence is key for anything social

slayerza

Practice makes perfect but I also read the "The Game" is a good guideline, although I can't comment on this.

guest2013-1

If you need to become more socially adept then you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. Find a crowd that accepts you for you and **** the rest

hxc87x

Expert Member
a book called "The Game"

Ultimate female mojo and personality building :p
yes. read The Game by Neil Strauss . it's a fun read and give you quite a few tips. its basically a story about a nerdy reporter guy who turned into one of the best pick-up artists in the world in 2 years. he even dated that super hot guitarist from courtney love's band... really a good read to give you a general idea about how pick-up works etc.

follow this up with either The Venusian Arts - Mystery (aka the mystery method/m3 model) or Get The Girl - Mehow.

i havent seen any of the books in shops, i just got the ebooks. pm me if you're interested.

yes, both books are about picking up girls. i know it sounds lame but trust me, i used to be extremely socially retarded. i took the info in those books and the concepts and worked them into my life and my everyday interactions with people. you just need to make sure that the things you decide to make part of you suits your personality. helped me a lot but it takes a lot of practice.

toastmasters only really helped me with speeches. not social skills. it just made me more comfortable when reading a rehearsed thing in front of people i dont know/dont care about.

improve your general knowledge. not only can you talk about more random crap but you also seem a lot more interesting and knowledgeable.

learn a few jokes. watch some stand up comedy.

yeah, thats pretty much everything i could think of thats helped me...