Spamcop.net Outage

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
Hi All,

If anyone is experiencing random false positives with their emails being blocked it appears that someone at Cisco forgot to renew their spamcop.net domain and for some time earlier today it was resolving to a domain parking page. :confused:

If your encountering email problems its best to remove the spamcop from your RBLs until at least the cached records have expired.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I doubt the issue is due to a domain.
A domain has minimal effect on services such as these.

Please share where the issue is due to their domain.

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
I doubt the issue is due to a domain.
A domain has minimal effect on services such as these.

Please share where the issue is due to their domain.

well their nameservers would have switched back to parking on expiry causing all lookups for bl.spamcop.net to fail.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
well their nameservers would have switched back to parking on expiry causing all lookups for bl.spamcop.net to fail.
It doesn't matter
If they rely solely on one IP and DNS then I would be hard pressed to make use of them.

That means they have zero capacity to rollback or restore services if their IP address and DNS resolvers fail.

What happens if you lookup by IP?
I'm not near a PC.

Hostking

Hostking company rep
Company Rep
Yes its still causing issues it seems. Returning status now in RBL messages but marking legitimate emails as spam it seems. We disabled the use of it for now on all our services. I recommend you guys do the same.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
it really was their domain?

took down mail for hundreds of networks?

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
apparently they didn't get the renewal notice bc it was eaten by their own filter but that sounds bs