SpotMoney

Sayf777

Expert Member
If its the spot that allows you to use your cc to "eft", then I'm also blocked and didn't bother to get unblocked eventhough I used it for legitimate causes.

Edit: Same one, maybe i should do the admin work to get unblocked.

twr

Expert Member
I also got blocked for topping up my cc a few times. They said it's a security feature for frauds.took a while to explain and send what they want it was over December time so maybe that's why it took long. But its put me off using them. Actually I dont use.them.anymore beacuse of what I went through.

m3z

Too many problems and system issues since they've rebranded (and Virgin left them). Not worth the effort anymore.

3WA

Honorary Master
Too many problems and system issues since they've rebranded (and Virgin left them). Not worth the effort anymore.

Did they block you? Looks like they blocked a lot of people from the other comments.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Okay just a quick review.

Decided to load R4000 from my Tyme bank account to see how spot money does with daily banking and transactions. So far I would NOT recommend this whatever it is to anyone.

1. Prepaid electricity. They don't have my meter number which means can't buy prepaid electricity.
2. The Virtual and physical card does not offer 3D secure so 90% of all online transactions won't go through.
3. EFTs well not sure if they are broken or what but 3 business days and money still not reflecting at the destination bank account. Sounds like the money might be lost. (R400)
4. Can't set beneficiary ref so you can't EFT bill payments.
5. Can't pay salary into it as it's not really a bank account sort of like a credit card but for transacting so you don't have an account number
6. Can't do debit orders on this money app or whatever you want to call it but it's not a bank.

That was the bad. There are some good features like.

1. Tapnpay virtual card on the app.
2. Physical card for ATM and store transactions
3. App notifications on all transactions
4. Referral system that allows you to earn R30 cash for referring someone

Well that is about that.

3WA

Honorary Master
3. EFTs well not sure if they are broken or what but 3 business days and money still not reflecting at the destination bank account. Sounds like the money might be lost. (R400)

I reckon you got blocked. You'll have to fill out their forms to get your money back. I got blocked for trying to EFT money out of Spot.