Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Noticed there isn't an general thread for Battlefront 2 yet, good time to create one.

Geonosis and Obi-Wan update dropping next week:

StoneCold

Expert Member
I'm contemplating on buying it..but the arcade mode is seriously lacking vs the options the classic Battlefront 2 games had.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I'm contemplating on buying it..but the arcade mode is seriously lacking vs the options the classic Battlefront 2 games had.
The modern Battelfront games aren't at all geared towards single player experiences (the 2017 game has a campaign but it's just not very good and arcade mode as you say isn't a thing I would want to play other than to test things out with).

It blows my mind that there hasn't been a single recent triple-A game release for Star Wars. There is the Respawn game, Jedi: Fallen Order, coming in 2019 though. So let's hope that's a sign that we'll see more of that. I'm totally fine with Battlefront being completely multiplayer if we get other games to scratch the single player itch.

StoneCold

Expert Member
The modern Battelfront games aren't at all geared towards single player experiences (the 2017 game has a campaign but it's just not very good and arcade mode as you say isn't a thing I would want to play other than to test things out with).

It blows my mind that there hasn't been a single recent triple-A game release for Star Wars. There is the Respawn game, Jedi: Fallen Order, coming in 2019 though. So let's hope that's a sign that we'll see more of that. I'm totally fine with Battlefront being completely multiplayer if we get other games to scratch the single player itch.
Yeah, it really is a pity that there isn't a recent AAA game release for Star Wars. I wonder when EA's license expires with Disney so that the original Battlefront (the best imho) can also be released on Steam. Don't know why it can't the released as Star Wars Battlefront Classic, like the 2nd game in the series. If that ever happens I'll instant buy it!

Having said that, I'm looking forward to the offering from Respawn as well, hope it doesn't get cancelled before it's released.

MeNeZ

Expert Member
Can you play any of these online? I tried Battlefront 2 on Origin Access about 2 - 3 months back but I couldnt find any games, it just stayed on a loading screen waiting for other players.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Anyone playing this game ? Recently got via the sales and its awesome.
I have it via Origin Access. To be honest, I played the beta back in the day, haven't even tried it since it was released. Perhaps once things die down work wise for me in the next couple of weeks I'll check it out.

GreatWmR

yea got it on sale recently
Loving it to bits
Except Anakin her ruins the game tbh
F#### Anakin