Ster Kinekor Cinema Prestige

shanezn

Expert Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
15
Location
Durban
Anyone been for a movie in these new "luxury" theatres ? I believe the ones in Durban only hold about 50 people each. The missus and I want to go there to watch Captain America 2, so just looking for some real world feedback. I'm mildly old fashioned in the sense that I still believe blockbuster movies are best enjoyed on a massive screen in a packed theatre, but at the same time I'm curious to check this out. Just wanting to know if it's worth it, in terms of sound, screen size, and general atmosphere.
 
It is the ****! You must exeperience it at least once. But it is very expensive, but spoil yourself.
 
It's been in Rosebank for quite a while already. I think that one has 36 seats, more like lazy boys actually. It's more expensive than the normal cinemas but then you don't get a bunch of kids or people talking on their phones. The video and audio was always well set up when I went.
 
How much do these cost? No sign in the WC yet.. looks good though, hope they bring it here.
 
Last edited:
Tickets are R95 each. With the Edgars club card, it worked out to R122 for 2 tickets, so a decent saving. Cool, I'll be booking seats for CA2 this Saturday :)
 
Cine Prestige is pretty nice- the cinema is separate from the others, it has its own kiosk, and there are normally no more than 30 people per show.

Oh, and the fact that you get to watch a movie whilst cushy on a lazyboy doesn't hurt :)
 
NV2A4888.jpg

That, is fckin brilliant !
 
Well, well, well... might just go watch me a movie at the cinema again.
 
What's the cost of normal ticket these days? Around R70?

I was going to say R40, but I see its nearly R60 a ticket....

Its no wonder I haven't been near a cinema in nearly 3 years.. those prices are barking mad.
 
I was going to say R40, but I see its nearly R60 a ticket....

Its no wonder I haven't been near a cinema in nearly 3 years.. those prices are barking mad.

Yeah, I took the 2 boys to see Lego Movie the other day and even with Vitality discount it came to r120 for the 1 adult + 2 kids.

I'd pay the premium to go to one of these Prestige cinemas with MrsC though sometime. It would actually be a proper date night, with food and everything.
 
Nu Metro Pavilion has 2 Scene cinemas which is their version of the luxury cinema experience. Watched Rush in one of these cinemas and it was a great experience. Leather recliners, new digital projector and an awesome sound system.

You can also order drinks, coffee and they have a gourmet menu as well. You order when you enter and they bring your food and drinks to your seat.
 
Nu Metro Pavilion has 2 Scene cinemas which is their version of the luxury cinema experience. Watched Rush in one of these cinemas and it was a great experience. Leather recliners, new digital projector and an awesome sound system.

You can also order drinks, coffee and they have a gourmet menu as well. You order when you enter and they bring your food and drinks to your seat.

Sounds good.

What's up koogs ! Been a while since the Take2 forum days ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X