Just loaded Windows XP Pro (without a stiffy disk installed) and then only afterwards fitted a new stiffy disk. Changed the BIOS etc. to 1,44mb etc. and connected the cables etc.
In "My Computer" I can see the stiffy disk and the light is on at the stiffy slot but when inserting a disk and trying to read it, it says "Insert a Stiffy in Drive A:".
Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how it can be fixed (besides reformatting / reloading windows again as I've loaded all my other programs etc.).
Cheers
Heinz
In "My Computer" I can see the stiffy disk and the light is on at the stiffy slot but when inserting a disk and trying to read it, it says "Insert a Stiffy in Drive A:".
Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how it can be fixed (besides reformatting / reloading windows again as I've loaded all my other programs etc.).
Cheers
Heinz