Straight or budget??

Blondie21

I got a few questions here regarding a credit card account.
Firstly what is the difference between straight and budget?
Can I still purchase something if I don't have available credit in my straight account but I do have in my budget account?
And if I wanted to use my budget would I be able to use it if I recently lost my credit card and waiting on a new one.

Blondie21

How is this "General Broadband Discussion" related?

tl'dr
Don't use budget.
Well excuse me for not finding the correct category to post this and if you don't use budget I guess this doesn't relate to you so why give your 5 cent comment?? Bored much

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Well excuse me for not finding the correct category to post this and if you don't use budget I guess this doesn't relate to you so why give your 5 cent comment?? Bored much
2nd post and you are sarcastic....nice

I meant DON't USE BUDGET....not I don't use budget. Struggle with comprehension much?

bchip

Straight - the full amount goes off your account immediatly
Budget - Over what time do you pay it off (eg 3months, 6 months, 12 months)
You will be charged interest on the outstanding amount, something like 20%-25%

Can I still purchase something if I don't have available credit in my straight account but I do have in my budget account?
No clue

And if I wanted to use my budget would I be able to use it if I recently lost my credit card and waiting on a new one.
How would you pay/swipe without a card? Would only be possible to use your account online if
wrote down the CVC number and the card hasnt been blocked yet

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
on budget with FNB you can also pay it off quicker than what you initially signed up for - i do this often, so instead of 6 months payments i will do 4 months or whatever

Blondie21

2nd post and you are sarcastic....nice

I meant DON't USE BUDGET....not I don't use budget. Struggle with comprehension much?
I do actually, I'm dyslexic too.. Sarcasm though, that's generic. It's like a defense mechanism against rude people I guess.

Shaun108

Executive Member
on budget with FNB you can also pay it off quicker than what you initially signed up for - i do this often, so instead of 6 months payments i will do 4 months or whatever
What did you buy that was so expensive that you had to use Budget?

Blondie21

Straight - the full amount goes off your account immediatly
Budget - Over what time do you pay it off (eg 3months, 6 months, 12 months)
You will be charged interest on the outstanding amount, something like 20%-25%

No clue

How would you pay/swipe without a card? Would only be possible to use your account online if
wrote down the CVC number and the card hasnt been blocked yet
I thought so too, but you know technology these days can surprise you

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The difference is the depth of the hole you'll find yourself in after you get it all wrong.

If you are already maxing out your straight facility the last thing you should be doing is using the budget facility.

It should be a massive alarm bell to tell you things are going very very wrong.

Blondie21

The difference is the depth of the hole you'll find yourself in after you get it all wrong.

If you are already maxing out your straight facility the last thing you should be doing is using the budget facility.

It should be a massive alarm bell to tell you things are going very very wrong.
Then why would banks even allow something like that? We bank for you is all rubbish

bchip

I thought so too, but you know technology these days can surprise you
Transactions are linked to a card, which is linked to an account.
So generally if the card is active then anything goes, and if you've recorded the
card as lost or stolen and it's deactivated then nothing will go off - but the account is still active.

Think of it as 2 gates to get through, generally they close the 1st gate so you cant get to the 2nd.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
What did you buy that was so expensive that you had to use Budget?
nothing expensive, i have my straight level on bare minimum as low as you can go and only use it for filling up my bike each week and the weekly groceries.
if i am tempted in buying something for camping or whatever i put it on budget and pay it off asap to save on too much interest.

Blondie21

Thanks for the replies and advice It answered all my questions, as for satanboy I'll start going for English lessons