strange issue - 2mb will connect while connected to pc, but not through any routers.

Voodoomon

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
255
Reaction score
0
Location
Wychwood Germiston JHB
So after I took my entire setup apart and connected my modem directly to my pc (which is working fine right now), I reset all my routers to default so I could start over again.

When I setup my load balance router with a pppoe connection and my iburst details as I have always done it over the past 6 years... it refuses to connect, just timing out constantly.

here is my routers log for about 800 lines:

Code:
141	0207:PPPoE: Automatically dialing on demand.
142	0207:Standard authentication.
143	0208:PPPoE: Sending PADI.
144	0208:PPPOE_TAG_SVC_NAME=null
145	0208:The first service name is accepted.
146	0208:PPPOE: receive HOST-UNIQUE tag.
147	0208:PPPoE: Received PADO,AC-Name=00:C0:EE:C8:70:BB,AC-MAC=00C0EEC870BB.
148	0208:PPPoE: Sending PADR.
149	0209:PPPoE: Received PADS,Session-ID=0xE,AC-MAC=00C0EEC870BB.
150	0209:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
151	0209:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
152	0210:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
153	0211:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
154	0211:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
155	0212:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
156	0213:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
157	0213:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
158	0214:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
159	0214:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
160	0215:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
161	0216:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
162	0216:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
163	0217:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
164	0218:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
165	0218:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
166	0219:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
167	0220:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
168	0220:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
169	0221:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
170	0222:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
171	0222:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
172	0223:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
173	0223:PPPOE: request timeout.

I have never seen anything like this before, but like I said if I conect it to my directly to my pc its fine.

I have a few people who live with me who also need the internet so some help would be great.

Is this now my third Tp-link router dying?

I have reset all 3 of my dumbass tp-links now and all of them are timing out when trying to connect, this is ridiculous.
 
So after I took my entire setup apart and connected my modem directly to my pc (which is working fine right now), I reset all my routers to default so I could start over again.

When I setup my load balance router with a pppoe connection and my iburst details as I have always done it over the past 6 years... it refuses to connect, just timing out constantly.

here is my routers log for about 800 lines:

Code:
141	0207:PPPoE: Automatically dialing on demand.
142	0207:Standard authentication.
143	0208:PPPoE: Sending PADI.
144	0208:PPPOE_TAG_SVC_NAME=null
145	0208:The first service name is accepted.
146	0208:PPPOE: receive HOST-UNIQUE tag.
147	0208:PPPoE: Received PADO,AC-Name=00:C0:EE:C8:70:BB,AC-MAC=00C0EEC870BB.
148	0208:PPPoE: Sending PADR.
149	0209:PPPoE: Received PADS,Session-ID=0xE,AC-MAC=00C0EEC870BB.
150	0209:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
151	0209:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
152	0210:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
153	0211:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
154	0211:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
155	0212:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
156	0213:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
157	0213:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
158	0214:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
159	0214:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
160	0215:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
161	0216:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
162	0216:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
163	0217:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
164	0218:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
165	0218:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
166	0219:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
167	0220:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
168	0220:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
169	0221:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
170	0222:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
171	0222:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
172	0223:LCP tx Req,MRU=05D4;Magic=000071DF;
173	0223:PPPOE: request timeout.

I have never seen anything like this before, but like I said if I conect it to my directly to my pc its fine.

I have a few people who live with me who also need the internet so some help would be great.

Is this now my third Tp-link router dying?

I have reset all 3 of my dumbass tp-links now and all of them are timing out when trying to connect, this is ridiculous.

I recall there was a TPLINK expert here somewhere on the forums. Maybe someone can ping him to assist?
 
I have not seen him around for quite some time now.

Anyway, one of the routers is completely dead, cant connect to it at all even after a factory reset.
And this is the log from the other router that still works but times out just like the first one.

Code:
49	1st day 00:02:36	PPP 	ERROR 	Timeout waiting for PADS packets
48	1st day 00:02:16	PPP 	INFO 	sent [PADR Host-Uniq(0x000002b4)]
47	1st day 00:02:06	PPP 	INFO 	sent [PADR Host-Uniq(0x000002b4)]
46	1st day 00:02:01	PPP 	INFO 	sent [PADR Host-Uniq(0x000002b4)]
45	1st day 00:02:01	PPP 	INFO 	rcvd [PADO AC-Name:00:C0:EE:C8:70:BB AC-MAC:00:c0:ee:c8:70:bb]
44	1st day 00:02:01	PPP 	INFO 	sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002b4)]
43	1st day 00:02:01	PPP 	NOTICE 	Standard authentication.
42	1st day 00:01:47	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
41	1st day 00:01:44	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
40	1st day 00:01:41	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
39	1st day 00:01:38	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
38	1st day 00:01:35	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
37	1st day 00:01:32	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
36	1st day 00:01:29	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
35	1st day 00:01:26	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
34	1st day 00:01:23	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
33	1st day 00:01:20	PPP 	INFO 	sent [LCP Req mru=1392 magic=0x7f40284b]
32	1st day 00:01:20	PPP 	INFO 	rcvd [PADS sess-id(2)]
31	1st day 00:01:20	PPP 	INFO 	sent [PADR Host-Uniq(0x000002b1)]
30	1st day 00:01:20	PPP 	INFO 	rcvd [PADO AC-Name:00:C0:EE:C8:70:BB AC-MAC:00:c0:ee:c8:70:bb]
29	1st day 00:01:20	PPP 	INFO 	sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x000002b1)]
28	1st day 00:01:19	PPP 	NOTICE 	Standard authentication.

This one goes from the bottom for some dumb reason.. well done TP-Link!

Im wondering if my stuff got hit by a power surge or some lightening or something.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X