Stretch Tent or gazebo

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
98,089
Reaction score
17,466
Location
In your mind ...rent free
every summer i have an issue

i cant find shade cos an umbrella broke or the wind in cpt is crazy

so you will be sitting with 35deg weather and the wind is always moering in cpt

now for me i think a strech tent like the below will work cause i want to take the kids to the beach and i enjoy the beach

anyone with experience with one and is it better than a gazebo

also the stretch tent i can use at home over the pool

1791193345617.png
 
At least from a setup perspective, the stretch tent seems simpler and should also be lighter than a gazebo..

As for stability in our wind, have no idea..
 
At least from a setup perspective, the stretch tent seems simpler and should also be lighter than a gazebo..

As for stability in our wind, have no idea..

yeah lighter less prone to damage and also easier to carry

but not sure how long it will last

cos gazebos can end up broken and i seen a few
 
I've had to chase a gazebo or three down the road here thanks to the wind. Curious to hear how a stretch tent works out if you go that route.
 
I remember coming across this article:


So while its not local, has some interesting options, like the Shibumi shade one which uses the wind to flow through it, although with no wind, not sure how well it works without the sand bags.

I like the stretch tent option, seen it use a few times and didnt see any issues with windy conditions. Though the article suggests concerns with the wind.

The umbrella styled ones with weights look good too, not sure we get those
 
This looks like the same thing on Takealot rebranded and the reviews aren't great:



1791208976255.png

1791208958695.png
 
My preference is a bivvy. Easy to carry and setup and provides good wind protection.
What exactly is that, like a tarpaulin?
I've had to chase a gazebo or three down the road here thanks to the wind. Curious to hear how a stretch tent works out if you go that route.
You actually get straps that you tie over the entire gazebo, I noticed them in a camping shop, it’s like a ratchet tie-down with a really long strap,
 
You actually get straps that you tie over the entire gazebo, I noticed them in a camping shop, it’s like a ratchet tie-down with a really long strap,
I wish I'd had one of those when my kids trampoline ended up 2 blocks away in someone's yard.
 
This looks like the same thing on Takealot rebranded and the reviews aren't great:



View attachment 1942801

View attachment 1942800

does not like wind but better than an umbrella

crazy
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X