Submitting IT3b on efilling

tsume

The Pervy Sage
Last year I opened an investment account with my bank. I got the IT3b income tax certificate, but am failing to find out how submit this certificate on eFiling. Is there a specific option I must select to get this option opened up as part of my efiling, or is something I have to file manually?

vash87

You'll have to answer yes to the question about having recieved interest (local or foreign), income from a REIT etc.. That will open up a section on the return form where you can fill in the values as reflected on your IT3b. You won't have to submit the document itself unless SARS request supporting docs after submitting the return. If they do ask you to submit it you'll see a new box on the income tax work page that allows you to upload the file from your computer.

signates

Expert Member
Last year I opened an investment account with my bank. I got the IT3b income tax certificate, but am failing to find out how submit this certificate on eFiling. Is there a specific option I must select to get this option opened up as part of my efiling, or is something I have to file manually?

Did you submit your tax return yet?

If you have, SARS will issue you with an IT34 - Income Tax Assessment. On the last page it will show if you are due a refund or if have to pay SARS. It will also indicate if you were selected for audit verification. If there is a "Y" indicated, then you will need to submit your supporting documents. It will appear on income tax work page on efiling.

If it indicates "N", then you do not need to submit any documents but will need to keep them for 5 years.

tsume

The Pervy Sage
You'll have to answer yes to the question about having recieved interest (local or foreign), income from a REIT etc.. That will open up a section on the return form where you can fill in the values as reflected on your IT3b. You won't have to submit the document itself unless SARS request supporting docs after submitting the return. If they do ask you to submit it you'll see a new box on the income tax work page that allows you to upload the file from your computer.
Thanks. This helped.

Chap

Thanks. This helped.
Does this mean if you gained interest you are subjected to pay tax on it or will SARS reward you for your investment for actually gaining interest. I am under the impression that SA government SARS in particular encourages people to save money and will also be rewarded by SARS is that the case?