Subscription platform in South Africa

Adriaan91

Hi guys!

I need some advice on subscription platforms to use locally in South Africa.

I want run a monthly subscription package on a e commerce website where users can pay for it by card through a paygate. It will be a physically product which will be delivered monthly.

From my Research: I came down on
Shopify (too expensive)
Wordpress has woocommerce subscription
Zoho subscription software
Sage Pay ecommerce platform and subscription platform

Does any one has experience with a subscription based website? I feel its better to go with local companies to deal with service.

c10n3d_0r6

I make use of WooCommerce with their Membership and Subscriptions bundle, and then integrate that with PayFast Subscriptions. Works well.

Adriaan91

I make use of WooCommerce with their Membership and Subscriptions bundle, and then integrate that with PayFast Subscriptions. Works well.

Thank you for the reply. That will be a solution for me. One question about PayFast: Does their paygate redirect or stay on your site while processing the transaction?

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Only a pleasure

I was on mobile when I answered so did not provide a comprehensive response.

To answer your question regarding who may be best, I would strongly suggest PayFast as their development team is on the ball vs SagePay

We use both providers and experiences with PayFast have been far superior than Sage.

Adriaan91

Thanks Jade, You confirm my research over the last few days. I've been leaning towards Payfast.

Thank you

Micdew

Thanks Jade, You confirm my research over the last few days. I've been leaning towards Payfast.

Thank you
Hi, i would highly recommend sage pay. Their integration team is very responsive and they have a great api. They pay out your funds quicker and they have just lowered their cc rate to the lowest non merchant acc gateway i could find.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Hi, i would highly recommend sage pay. Their integration team is very responsive and they have a great api. They pay out your funds quicker and they have just lowered their cc rate to the lowest non merchant acc gateway i could find.
You've been posting this in a lot of threads, probably searching for mentions of payfast/sage pay.

Micdew

You've been posting this in a lot of threads, probably searching for mentions of payfast/sage pay.
Actualy was searching the word gateway back then, got my answer and left comments behind. Not here alot but always leave a comment behind (mostly about telkom lit though)