Sunday 28th, 35C forecast for C.T

MirageF1

Executive Member
The forecast for yesterday , today and tomorrow claim 30+ temps. Today will be hottest of year so far. Certainly if 35C forecast is to believed.

Yesterday definitely didn't feel anywhere near 30, and thankfully there was a wind moderating the heat.
Southern suburbs and False Bay, not sure about Sea Point side.

Today , however, is another story. Breathless, and certainly feels over 30, even in the shade.
The traffic to the beaches must be crazy...I wonder how many people are staying cool indoors or soaking up the heat outside.

Brawler

Honorary Master
It is moerse hot in Sea point. Parking lots were full at 9am. Not ideal having a babalas either.
Thankfully my lounge is always cool so taking refuge here until it cools down a bit.

MirageF1

Executive Member
It is moerse hot in Sea point. Parking lots were full at 9am. Not ideal having a babalas either.
Thankfully my lounge is always cool so taking refuge here until it cools down a bit.
Ye S.P on a breathless, blistering day is like being in an oven.
Spent a few years in Fresnaye and closer to main road, so understand fully!

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
30.8 degrees in my lounge.
North window that is getting the sun is closed and the blind all the way down.
Balcony door facing South is still open to allow a little breeze.
Even though that breeze is pretty warm, might just close it as well and monitor it

Summer Sux

EDIT: 7 minutes later and it is 30.2 degrees :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: air

|tera|

Master of Messengers
These temps are average or higher in my daily life here in the Lowveld.

Today is a cool day with cloud cover.
Irrespective. Just stay hydrated and out of the direct sun.

Gnome

Executive Member
These temps are average or higher in my daily life here in the Lowveld.

Today is a cool day with cloud cover.
Irrespective. Just stay hydrated and out of the direct sun.
I grew up in Pretoria, now live in Cape Town. Heat never bothered me in Pretoria, even when 40 odd degrees. However in Cape Town you have heat that swells and builds up over days. It becomes really humid and then the wind blows it out to sea. It doesn't rain. It is just an endless cycle of hot humid air.

Not sure how it is in the "lowveld" (Is that Durban?)

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I grew up in Pretoria, now live in Cape Town. Heat never bothered me in Pretoria, even when 40 odd degrees. However in Cape Town you have heat that swells and builds up over days. It becomes really humid and then the wind blows it out to sea. It doesn't rain. It is just an endless cycle of hot humid air.

Not sure how it is in the "lowveld" (Is that Durban?)
The weather is the same here. Extremely humid most of the time.
It's close to Moz (not that close, but close). So there's a lot of tropical type weather.
The Lowveld is a region in Mpumalanga. Some towns that may ring a bell are Nelspruit, White River. Sabie, Graskop, Pilgrims Rest, Barberton etc.
I've lived here most of my life and it's always been hot. Winter is cooler, but you still get hot days in winter too.
The rain was flood levels this summer. Lots of rain and a lot of destruction.

Last edited:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The heatwave today (Sun 28th) will be followed by an upper trough tomorrow (Mon 1st), as moist and unstable air moves down from Namibia. Thunderstorms are predicted over the interior of the Western Cape, potentially reaching Cape Town itself:

gfs.t00z.totp.day3.safrica.gif

EMAM

Honorary Master
This was the temp in the car, after leaving it in the parking lot at the shops.....and people have the audacity to leave dogs in cars
9258a57e48bcd32c9382b17c391806ec.jpg

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
The heatwave today (Sun 28th) will be followed by an upper trough tomorrow (Mon 1st), as moist and unstable air moves down from Namibia. Thunderstorms are predicted over the interior of the Western Cape, potentially reaching Cape Town itself:

View attachment 1028112
This weather is literally following @Mortymoose
We haven't had a scorcher of a day all year until he arrived yesterday.
Hopefully some cooler weather this week to follow
Thank you @Gordon_R :thumbsup: