Superbalist and Spree to join forces

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Superbalist and Spree to join forces

Staff at Superbalist and Spree have been briefed about a merger between the two online shopping platforms.

Superbalist is an online fashion retailer which was founded in 2010 as CityMob, and rebranded in 2013 to become Superbalist.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Whoever named Superbalist, clearly has never checked his spam box before.

And here I was wondering
1. what does Takealot have to do with Superherbalist
2. and how "make things bigger" supplier is related to clothing.

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
Always thought the prices on Superbalist were insane.
They have some awesome specials sometimes... Also they have nice items thats hard to find somewhere else. Not too happy with takealot's involvement though, it will probably go to **** now

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Whoever named Superbalist, clearly has never checked his spam box before.

And here I was wondering
1. what does Takealot have to do with Superherbalist
2. and how "make things bigger" supplier is related to clothing.
It's the great Naspers machine at work.

Saw this coming years ago already.

Surprised it took this long.

nexxus

They have some awesome specials sometimes... Also they have nice items thats hard to find somewhere else. Not too happy with takealot's involvement though, it will probably go to **** now
Superbalist have always been under Takealot, nothing's changed there. It's effectively a rerun of the Takealot / Kalahari merger, Media24 e-commerce property joins Takealot.

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
Superbalist have always been under Takealot, nothing's changed there. It's effectively a rerun of the Takealot / Kalahari merger, Media24 e-commerce property joins Takealot.
then I speak under correction then, I always thought they were part of naspers :eek:

marhsava

Why is Takealot still alive , they love to mislead there customers with the"daily deals"

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The oupas in Naspers' board have absolutely no idea on how to run an online business
Well technically they've admitted as much by just buying out others or dumping their money into Takealot (which still runs at a loss as I recall).

I do think they started Spree from scratch who seemed to do pretty well.

Superbalist was acquired via TA.

But it's the way they've always operated. At the core they are mediocre but through sheer luck they sit on a pile of cash and so when competition pops out they simply buy them to make them mediocre too.

F1 Fan

Expert Member
Well technically they've admitted as much by just buying out others or dumping their money into Takealot (which still runs at a loss as I recall).

I do think they started Spree from scratch who seemed to do pretty well.

Superbalist was acquired via TA.

But it's the way they've always operated. At the core they are mediocre but through sheer luck they sit on a pile of cash and so when competition pops out they simply buy them to make them mediocre too.
As far as I know, Spree is yet to break even, but they will in the next 2 years.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
They'd better make hay while the sun shines because when Amazon moves in, they'll take over entirely, lock stock and barrel and with all their muscle and influence in world markets, Takealot and all other local e-stores will just be brushed aside, like they weren't even there.