SuperSport gets a new website

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
SuperSport gets a new website

SuperSport has officially launched its new website, featuring a new design and a focus on video content.

“Among the major changes is a seamless experience between platforms, chiefly mobile and desktop, where the user experience will now be similar. There is also a significant shift towards video, where user numbers have exploded in recent years,” said Johan Huyser, product development manager at SuperSport.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I just checked it out a few minutes ago for the first time since the renovations. Just in time for this article.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Glad they seem to have removed the comments section. Some of the crap that got spewed on especially the rugby articles by all the know-it-all armchair critics was getting too much. I see they also seem to have fixed the TV Guide section. I did a seach on Sunday afternoon for a rebroadcast of the MotoGP race and couldn't find it, only to discover that motorcycling wasn't listed as a 'motorsport', which I queried with them on their live chat app. That is correct now.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
What I don't like is that I can't right click highlight videos if I want to open a bunch of tabs. You have to open each link and go back to the video page. That is k*k annoying.

McGuywer

Executive Member
I have a dislike in the new site.
The articles are difficult to read.
The information (sections) isn't populated enough.

pedruid

Expert Member
I prefer the old site as i only used it for Rugby. I could copy and paste from it do set my Rugby viewing for the weekend.

Budza

Executive Member
I get redirected to DSTV now- is that new?

EDIT: Click on whatever channel I want, redirected to NOW then I'm just on their home page, not the stream I selected?? :wtf:

Why bother with SuperSport? Might as well just go to https://now.dstv.com/livetv#sport and start from there :confused:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Yeah not a fan either. Clearly a redesign for the sake of a redesign and not an attempt to improve the UX. Finding highlight videos is harder now and lacks the previous filtering options. Live content is offloaded to DSTV Now, which is fine. Typography and layouts are nothing special.

It is still very annoying that DSTV Now claims to have 'up to 1080p' quality in the player settings, but every video is dogs**t quality.