Support incompetence on par with SOE competency

Antono

@Afrihost-Gian @AfriFella @AfriGuy

Since the cable fix I noticed that my connectivity has become very erratic. I need to refresh on average 5 times before a HTML page would load. I checked the network status and there does not appear to be anything that should influence me so onto whatsapp we go knowing what awaits.

10h29: Hi - Please how can you assist me?
10h30: At this point I provide my account number as requested by the bot and a description of my issue.
11h59: Thanks for your patience, you have now been connected with Dikeledi M.
12h02: Good Day, how are you?

ARE YOU !#!@#! SERIOUS!!! After 1.5 hours this is your comeback? No attempt to answer my question?
Obviously I did not stop my day just to sit and wait for somebody to respond so did not respond to good old Diki.

Oh and if you are one of the PRO Afrihost readers who had nothing constructive to contribute then lets agree that your disagreement is shown by not commenting on how wonderful you find the afrihost support. This is not a poll or a request for your opinion, yet you will give it for sure.

Antono

@Afrihost-Gian Please pretty please would you respond and explain to me why 'support' takes hours to respond. Not resolve an issue but to respond to your whatsapp channel. I've tried it twice now, first time it took 1.5 hours and the second time over 2 hours. And then to make it worse you use a channel that is not suited to the need because apparently your agents cannot see messages in the thread and also they cannot see information forwarded. Really really pathetic. I was going to say go back to phone support but imagine hanging on for hours for somebody to answer.

The valuable contribution from your agent after I told him/her/it that I am hardwired and have rebooted router and ONT:

Please provide photos of the connection from the computer to the router as well as a photo of the routers lights

Last edited:

Stokstert

Executive Member
She's at least friendly to ask you if you are ok. There might only be skeleton staff due to lockdown, so be glad and thankful to be called back at all. Many call centres never return a call.

killerbyte

Expert Member
She's at least friendly to ask you if you are ok. There might only be skeleton staff due to lockdown, so be glad and thankful to be called back at all. Many call centres never return a call.
Agreed, you need to be understanding that the support staff is limited at the moment. Not saying 90min is an acceptable time to wait though. I had some billing issues over the last week or so, both times the agents that answered my call were working from home and they got my issue resolved even if it required phoning me back. So I cannot speak to the technical support during this time, but the accounts department has been fantastic.

Antono

a) Lockdown does not mean that internet access is locked down. If there is one type of job you can perform from anywhere it is a helpdesk. They did not return a call, they responded to their whatsapp support channel.

b) Maybe you missed the message from dear @Afrihost-Gian promising uninterrupted service during the lockdown?

c) If I wanted emotional support I would have phoned live line, so asking me if I am OK adds not value :)

Antono

you sound like an arrogant bozo - you DO deserve k@k service. I hope it goes downhill from here with all your other service providers. start your own fibre company. The chat assistant can not see what you posted before they become available, so instead of being a royal d!c k, you could have repeated your query..

You are welcome to DM me zulutjie since your wisdom add no value here.
Oh and thanks for the well wishes, really appreciate it ;)

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep

Since the cable fix I noticed that my connectivity has become very erratic. I need to refresh on average 5 times before a HTML page would load. I checked the network status and there does not appear to be anything that should influence me so onto whatsapp we go knowing what awaits.

10h29: Hi - Please how can you assist me?
10h30: At this point I provide my account number as requested by the bot and a description of my issue.
11h59: Thanks for your patience, you have now been connected with Dikeledi M.
12h02: Good Day, how are you?

ARE YOU !#!@#! SERIOUS!!! After 1.5 hours this is your comeback? No attempt to answer my question?
Obviously I did not stop my day just to sit and wait for somebody to respond so did not respond to good old Diki.

Oh and if you are one of the PRO Afrihost readers who had nothing constructive to contribute then lets agree that your disagreement is shown by not commenting on how wonderful you find the afrihost support. This is not a poll or a request for your opinion, yet you will give it for sure.

Sorry this is super frustrating Antono. Please drop us a DM if you're still having problems.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Sorry this is super frustrating Antono. Please drop us a DM if you're still having problems.

LOL, tell the bosses you guys need more support staff, and that they need to pay them enough to retain them.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Cheers guys and thanks for nothing....

@Afrihost-Gian @AfriFella @AfriGuy you guys need to get your act together even when Covid wasnt an issue you were a problem to deal with.

Response 20 Jan 2016

Good Evening XXXX,

Thank you very much for your email and I do apologise for the delayed reply.

We also sincerely apologise for how long your line issues have persisted and the inconvenience this has caused you and leading you to cancel your services. We are very happy to hear that you have an alternate connectivity solution that is working for you now but sad that you had to choose to leave us.

I see your products and lines are all scheduled for cancellation on the 31st January, and we will continue to work with and liaise with Telkom to restore your services to the best level until the end of the month, as we will always value you as a client while you are still with us. We will be in contact over the next couple of days with our results from Telkom's managers.

Thank you very much for all your time and once again we are extremely sorry that the faults were outstanding so long you had to choose to leave us. We always try improve ourselves to be the best and will continue to strive to do so.

Warm regards

Afrihost - Pure Internet XXXXX!!!!!!

On 15 Jan 2016 12:10pm, "xxxx" wrote:

This is the 5th email with no response and days later since the email was sent. I have been very unhappy with he way this situation was handled I have gone ahead and got LTE and cancelled all my afrihost services.

On 15 Jan 2016 1:08pm, "xxxx" wrote:

Please guys this is the 4th email can someone please assist.

On 14 Jan 2016 19:29, "xxxx" wrote:
Good evening, I desperately need an update on this. It has now been 3 weeks since my original fault logged. Should I not have adsl connectivity by Saturday morning I'm going to go ahead and cancel my lines and get LTE. I just cannot wait any longer, please see what you can do.

On 14 Jan 2016 13:57, "xxxx" wrote:

Please let me know if there is any update

On 14 Jan 2016 10:53, "xxxx" wrote:
Thanks I really appreciate it. Looking forward to a positive response.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Cheers guys and thanks for nothing....

@Afrihost-Gian @AfriFella @AfriGuy you guys need to get your act together even when Covid wasnt an issue you were a problem to deal with.

Response 20 Jan 2016

Good Evening XXXX,

Thank you very much for your email and I do apologise for the delayed reply.

We also sincerely apologise for how long your line issues have persisted and the inconvenience this has caused you and leading you to cancel your services. We are very happy to hear that you have an alternate connectivity solution that is working for you now but sad that you had to choose to leave us.

I see your products and lines are all scheduled for cancellation on the 31st January, and we will continue to work with and liaise with Telkom to restore your services to the best level until the end of the month, as we will always value you as a client while you are still with us. We will be in contact over the next couple of days with our results from Telkom's managers.

Thank you very much for all your time and once again we are extremely sorry that the faults were outstanding so long you had to choose to leave us. We always try improve ourselves to be the best and will continue to strive to do so.

Warm regards

Afrihost - Pure Internet XXXXX!!!!!!

On 15 Jan 2016 12:10pm, "xxxx" wrote:

This is the 5th email with no response and days later since the email was sent. I have been very unhappy with he way this situation was handled I have gone ahead and got LTE and cancelled all my afrihost services.

On 15 Jan 2016 1:08pm, "xxxx" wrote:

Please guys this is the 4th email can someone please assist.

On 14 Jan 2016 19:29, "xxxx" wrote:
Good evening, I desperately need an update on this. It has now been 3 weeks since my original fault logged. Should I not have adsl connectivity by Saturday morning I'm going to go ahead and cancel my lines and get LTE. I just cannot wait any longer, please see what you can do.

On 14 Jan 2016 13:57, "xxxx" wrote:

Please let me know if there is any update

On 14 Jan 2016 10:53, "xxxx" wrote:
Thanks I really appreciate it. Looking forward to a positive response.
I am very sorry about your negative experience and we will try our best to improve it going forward.

Fiekus

Expert Member
I'm 'glad' to see I'm not the only one frustrated with Afrihost. I've left them a few years ago but decided to give them a try to get fixed LTE for my daughter who is living with her mom. Tried the Whatsapp channel...oh my word what utter incompetence. Even after I told the agent (note, not a bot) that he was NOT understanding and that I am going to complain, I was still not getting any joy. I then asked him to 'please close this ticket' because I was not getting any service from him, and the reply was, "you're welcome, have a great day further"....dude, because of you my day was now super crap :ROFL: Anyway @AfriGuy,@AfriFella, @Afrihost-Gian, not sure why you invest in these channels if your agents are not able to understand a basic query.

Antono

Yes, what more can I add here? My gripe was not with the fact that I had response issues on my circuit but with the fact that your support response times really REALLY suck. I mean waiting hours multiple time for somebody to respond is bad enough and then you actually prove my point by responding on this forum 11 days later. I have invited you to please explain why your customer service is so bad, who knows maybe you have a valid reason beyond incompetence, yet you did not.

No need for the afrihost supporters to come to their aid, please, I have my opinion based on experience and supported by facts and you have yours. Enjoy.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Yes, what more can I add here? My gripe was not with the fact that I had response issues on my circuit but with the fact that your support response times really REALLY suck. I mean waiting hours multiple time for somebody to respond is bad enough and then you actually prove my point by responding on this forum 11 days later. I have invited you to please explain why your customer service is so bad, who knows maybe you have a valid reason beyond incompetence, yet you did not.

No need for the afrihost supporters to come to their aid, please, I have my opinion based on experience and supported by facts and you have yours. Enjoy.
I'm sorry for the long wait Antonio. It really is something we're trying to improve.
Provide feedback on the link after the chat so you can let the support managers for whatsapp know this is your gripe.

Unfortunately, these are desperate times when everyone wants online support and doesn't want to call in for assistance anymore. The waiting times will increase. We shall hire more people after the lockdown.

We still have openings so if you know anyone who'd love to work in support, who's technical and perhaps unemployed please refer them: https://www.afrihost.com/site/jobs/view/client_support_and_services_consultant

Thank you.

threegee

:ROFL: 10 days with your Twitter support crew and basically "there's nothing we can do" serious ???? Routing is up to ****. I had WAY better connectivity when BOTH WACS and SAT cables were broken at the same time. Just shrug shoulders and hope the problem goes away

2020-04-22_11-10.png 2020-04-22_11-13.png 2020-04-22_11-16.png 2020-04-22_11-17.png

WOT

I am very sorry about your negative experience and we will try our best to improve it going forward.

I would be very impressed if I could even count the number of "support staff" I've spoken to since trying to resolve one issue..
The mind boggles at what SDM or incident ticketing system is being used when not a single person is aware of open tickets or anything pending from Afrihosts side ... ?

MisterV