Surround Sound Issue with DSTV

rinorobert

Hi Guys,

So I bought a Samsung Surround System (HT-E350K) from Takealot.

Setup: Hisense 50" TV and the DSTV HD PVR 2 P

Now the issue that Im having is the fact that it can't connect to the HD PVR and play 5.1 surround sound. All I can do is connect the Surround sound system via the red and white aux cable to the PVR. Now this isn't producing the Surround Sound effect and this is bugging me based on the fact that I bought this system due to the fact that it can play Surround Sound. Now it obviously works properly when playing a DVD through the DVD player but other than that, nothing...

Is there any way that I can get 5.1 audio to play from the PVR through the surround sound speakers? If not I think that I ought to return this system as whats the point of only having 5.1 audio through the DVD only...

I would appreciate your input as to what I should do.

Cheers :)

The link to the Samsung product page: HERE

Takealot Page: HERE

MR.C

Expert Member
If you press language on the decoder, does it show surround sound as an option ?

Not familiar with your system and didn't Google any info so taking a first guess.

Hazelbag

It supports ARC, so just check if your TV has this input on the HDMI ports. If not check if the surround sound has a toslink input at the back and you can connect it that way via your decoder.

uploadfromtaptalk1450110791797.jpg this is a toslink cable.

Check where the red circle is, this is the input you need to use from your decoder
uploadfromtaptalk1450110977712.JPG

Lupus

Honorary Master
Return it and buy a proper surround sound system, what you've got will only work from the DVD player.
For proper surround you'd need a separate component system.

Smurfatefrog

Expert Member
You need an audio input port that supports surround sound, which this doesn't seem to have

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Also, under your equipment setup or one of the menus, you need to set your sound output to fixed :)

123Eish

Your system needs to have an optical input (red ligbt) or a coaxial input (orange rca looking connector) or lastly HDMI (which supports audio decoding) in for surround sound. Make sure the system you buy has atleast one of theses inputs.