Surtie Inheritance scam?

Eti1

Expert Member
So, the “investment” proposal is this:

Some years ago, the two Surtie brothers moved from India to Lesotho, where they amassed a giant fortune. They also did business in SA. When the last brother died he left behind a massive unclaimed fortune in SA. When the heirs eventually appeared, it seemed that the fortune was not as big as it was supposed to be. The allegation is that in the 1980s SARB converted more than R1trillion into bonds that the PIC then bought, thereby amounting to a covered up government bailout of a bank that would become part of Absa. This would only be discovered or alleged later, as the heirs needed to appoint a private forensic investigator, one Jeff Koorbonally, to “find the money”.

This is where the potential scam comes in. The forensic investigator, either directly or through others, then starts accepting “investments” from members of the public to finance his activities, promising incredible returns in terms of an agreement with the heirs. Like, amazing figures: give a thousand now, collect ten times that much when the money is found. Oh, and it’s cash only.

Meetings were held, where people became convinced of the legitimacy of this venture, and invested. Feedback meetings were held when deemed necessary by the deposit-takers.

A few years pass. The inheritance money is then allegedly traced to Absa. That is when things start heating up, with more and more meetings being held and more money being asked for to pay for the legal team that would allegedly negotiate with Absa’s board on the release of the money. And the promises got bigger. Suddenly R1000 got you R1million. The money flowed in.

At this stage the show starts being run by pastors having almost monthly “final feedback follow-up” meetings, and they are now promising that the time is near for final payout. There are just several final issues that they need to iron out with the board so they need money for plane fare to Joburg and accommodation there. So now you can “bless” someone by putting in even more money on behalf of other people. And that is what this thing has developed into, a religious faith-fest. Faith in the lord is regarded as evidenced by faith in this business, and the pastors portray it as a blessing to be used to do good in the community. I have been to one of the church meetings, and the building was packed.

Admittedly, I put in a few rands at the beginning, highly suspicious but it wasn’t much money. Others have put in far more. The one meeting that I attended convinced me that it was a scam. I don’t want any more people to lose hard-earned money, but I know that some people are banking on this payout happening and are willing to put in more money.

My Googling skills are limited, but the only references to the Surtie claim that I could find are related to this private forensic investigator Jeff Koorbanally, open letters written by him, and reproductions thereof.

In the comments section on this article, https://uncensoredopinion.co.za/koorbonallys-letters-expose-toxic-family-feud-trillion-rand-inheritance/, he attempts to distance himself from the collecting of moneys by anybody, especially the pastors.

So I am at the point of approaching the police/Hawks to investigate this, which is what was advised by JK at the link above. I guess putting this narrative on paper helped in that process. What would help further is more information that I can bring to the police, greater evidence that it’s a scam, and more guidance from mybb.

Have any of you heard of this Surtie thing?
Does it sound as much like a scam to you as it does to me?
What should my further steps be?

Thor

Honorary Master
That is a known scam, being investigated so forward everyone's details to the police.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Yeah, scam™ written all over this story. Make contact with the FSB and they will advise you further.

P.S. Off topic question. Where you active on the old PCFormat forum? Avatar was of a cartoon worm with a hook or something like that. Your username just seems familiar.

Eti1

Expert Member
Yeah, scam written all over this story. Make contact with the FSB and they will advise you further.

P.S. Off topic question. Where you active on the old PCFormat forum? Avatar was of a cartoon worm with a hook or something like that. Your username just seems familiar.
Nope, it wasn't me.

Johan Landsman

Dear Mr No Name Brand
I read your post with interest & realise not only your ignorance, but that you make your acquisitions purely based on perceptions. You totally & completely fail to substantiate the claims you make with authentic evidence/fact. Your perceptions & reasoning is purely based on your lack of knowledge concerning the matter or process at hand. Despite regular update public meetings & the opportunity to ask questions at those meetings you still decided to discredit people here who follow a transparent process. Why don't you identify yourself if your are convince it's a scam? Is it because in the back of your mind you still entertain the possibility maybe it's not a scam? Therefore you don't want to fully identify yourself, because you're afraid if it is not a scam you might just compromise your eventual payout? If it is a scam, why dont you demand the legally appointed board and/or legal team to refund your donation?
If it is a scam do you really think the so called scammers (board & legal team) will present forensic evidence to substantiate their claims? If it is indeed a scam do you really think high profiles such as Pravin Gordhan, Maria Ramos etc will be silent while they are implicated in the forensic reports?
If it is indeed a scam do you really think the so called scammers will used the money they've apparently scammed you with & waste it on travel & accommodation & on top of it present evidence to you of their travel & meeting with absa?
If it is really a scam do you honestly make yourself believe that a lawyer, advocates, Senior council will get themselves involved in a scam that will not only sacrifice their career, but also their families?
If it is a scam do you really believe that those people you accuse of scammers will be such idiots to (1) appoint and register a legal board of tustees? Even go further then that and appoint lawyers, advocates (Sc) to advise them & act on their mandate?
If it is a scam do you really make yourself believe that those people will spend your "hard earned" money teavelling up & down Cape Town/Joburg? What for?! Will the idea not be to pocket every cent donated?
If it is a scam do you really think those so called scammers will find themselve busy consulting with Sc on the successful reclaiming of the Surtie Inheritance & be so transparent to call for regular update meetings to keep you informed & at peace?
If it is a scam do you honestly believe they will use the pennies collected at those update meetings to spend on travel and accommodation?
The very same people you label as scammers made financial sacrifices in their commitment to the process, (sold their properties etc) compromised their families financially to honour their agreement with you and 1000's others.
Did you at any time give it a thought why the high & mighty one's, Pravin Gordhan, Maria Ramos etc, implicated in those forensic reports never made a public statement to defend their integrity? Can you extend your investigative brain to that extend? Let me give you comfort! You don't need a single brain cell to figure that out.
You consider the Surtie matter as a scam, yet a well research/investigated report has been tabled with the public prosecutor. Yet you want to run to the Hawks! Don't you think that is exposing yourself as a wise fool on a public platform?
It is obvious that you have limited knowledge/information on this matter. Neither do you appreciate the complexity, political & corporate powers who hold unto "their golden egg, wealth".
Please note I'm writing this post/reply in my personal capacity & non of the above necessarily reflect the opinion, viewpoint of any member of the Surtie Board or any legal representative.

Regards,
Johan Landsman

Last edited:

deesef

Dear Mr No Name Brand
I read your post with interest & realise not only your ignorance, but that you make your acquisitions purely based on perceptions. You totally & completely fail ton substantiate the claims you makenw with authentic evidence/fact. Your perceptions, that is not having any knowledge of the matter or process at hand. Despite regular update public meetings. Why don't you identify yourself if your are convince it's a scam? Is it because in the back of your mind you still entertain the possibility maybe it's not a scam? Therefore you don't want to fully identify yourself, because you're afraid if it is not a scam you might just compromise your eventual payout? If it is a scam, why dont you demand the legally appointed board and/or legal team to refund your donation?
If it is a scam do you really think the so called scammers (board & legal team) will present forensic evidence to substantiate their claims? If it is indeed a scam do you really think high profiles such as Pravin Gordhan, Maria Ramos etc will be silent while they are implicated in the forensic reports?
If it is indeed a scam do you really think the so called scammers will used the money the have apparently scammed you with & waste it on travel & accommodation & on top of it present evidence to you of their travel & meeting with absa?
If it is really a scam do honestly make yourself believe that a lawyer, advocates, Senior council will get themselves involved in a scam that will not only sacrifice their career, but also their families?
If it is a scam do you really believe that those people you accuse of scammers will be such idiots to (1) appoint and register a legal board of tustees? Even go further then that and appoint lawyers, advocates (Sc) to advise them & act on their mandate?
If it is a scam do you really make yourself believe that those people will spend your "hard earned" money teavelling up & down Cape Town/Joburg? What for?! Will the idea not be to pocket every cent donated?
If it is a scam do you really think those so called scammers will find themselve busy consulting with Sc on the successful reclaiming of the Surtie Inheritance & be so transparent to call for regular update meetings to keep you informed & at peace?
If it is a scam do you honestly believe they will use the pennies collected at those update meetings to spend on travel and accommodation?
The very same people you label as scammers made financial sacrifices, compromised their families financially to honour their agreement with you and 1000's others.
Did you at any time give it a thought why the high & mighty one's, Pravin Gordhan, Maria Ramos etc, implicated in those forensic reports never made a public statement to defend their integrity? Can you extend your investigative brain to that extend? Let me give you comfort! You don't need a single brain cell to figure that out.
You consider the Surtie matter as a scam, yet a well research/investigated report has been tabled with the public prosecutor. Yet you want to run to the Hawks! Don't you think that is exposing yourself as a wise fool on a public platform?
It is obvious that you have limited knowledge/information on this matter. Neither do you appreciate the complexity, political & corporate powers who hold unto "their golden egg, wealth".
Please note I'm writing this post/reply in my personal capacity & non of the above necessarily reflect the opinion, viewpoint of any member of the Surtie Board or any legal representative.

Regards,
Johan Landsman
I am convinced. Please accept my money too. Sommer lots of it.....

Dirtdiver

Dear Mr No Name Brand
I read your post with interest & realise not only your ignorance, but that you make your acquisitions purely based on perceptions. You totally & completely fail ton substantiate the claims you makenw with authentic evidence/fact. Your perceptions, that is not having any knowledge of the matter or process at hand. Despite regular update public meetings. Why don't you identify yourself if your are convince it's a scam? Is it because in the back of your mind you still entertain the possibility maybe it's not a scam? Therefore you don't want to fully identify yourself, because you're afraid if it is not a scam you might just compromise your eventual payout? If it is a scam, why dont you demand the legally appointed board and/or legal team to refund your donation?
If it is indeed a scam do you really think the so called scammers will used the money the have apparently scammed you with & waste it on travel & accommodation & on top of it present evidence to you of their travel & meeting with absa?
If it is really a scam do honestly make yourself believe that a lawyer, advocates, Senior council will get themselves involved in a scam that will not only sacrifice their career, but also their families?
The very same people you label as scammers made financial sacrifices, compromised their families financially to honour their agreement with you and 1000's others.

Regards,
Johan Landsman

Wow. I got 10 grand. I wanted o buy a Solar panel and some batteries. But I guess with the returns you can give me, I can build a personal power station. You are definitely a honest man. Please send banking details.

Eti1

Expert Member
@Johan Landsman

Who are these senior counsel advocates, who is the legal team, what are their names?

By the way, as OP, I made no claims. The Surtie story is the claim that requires evidence.

What forensic evidence has been presented? Point me to it.

What is the name of the trust?

Why isn't any of this massive government and Absa cover up published in mainstream media?

And yes, I want my money back. Who should I contact?

Johan Landsman

Mr. No Name Brand, you conveniently identify yourself as Eti 1. You make strong claims, inter alia scams, and you identify those well-known criminals in your "beyond reasonable doubt" acquisitions. Yet you stay in vain to fully identify yourself. Why? I can think of a few reasons, but let me not speculate. You tell me in clear language & uncertain terms why you hide behind a secret name. The people you are talking about are known to you & all other beneficiaries. They have nothing to hide. Not even for the Hawks! The people who enriches themselves to millions over years/decades have a lot to cover up for, inter alia keeping the Surtie claim out the mainstream media, BUT not for long. Hence their silence, trusting that this claim will die unexpectedly & allow them to walk away free, unchallenge & enjoy the fruit of their unlawful acts.
I can give you conclusive, beyond doubt evidence, answers to all your questions, but let us play honestly & with integrity. I deliberately fully identified myself so that you & your chior now whom you talking to. Fair play is for you & your chior to do same.
However, I assume you will not accept my invitation to identify yourself.
Can I therefore make it easy for you to get answers to "your scam"? Google my name to aware yourself it's not a fake person. Johan Landsman is real and alive! After google proceed to facebook. Inbox me with your identity.
If you're in Cape Town area I will give you answers/evidence to your painful questions. I will even walk you to senior council.

Reactions: ExQ

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Dear Mr No Name Brand
I read your post with interest & realise not only your ignorance, but that you make your acquisitions purely based on perceptions. You totally & completely fail to substantiate the claims you make with authentic evidence/fact. Your perceptions & reasoning is purely based on your lack of knowledge concerning the matter or process at hand. Despite regular update public meetings & the opportunity to ask questions at those meetings you still decided to discredit people here who follow a transparent process. Why don't you identify yourself if your are convince it's a scam? Is it because in the back of your mind you still entertain the possibility maybe it's not a scam? Therefore you don't want to fully identify yourself, because you're afraid if it is not a scam you might just compromise your eventual payout? If it is a scam, why dont you demand the legally appointed board and/or legal team to refund your donation?
If it is indeed a scam do you really think the so called scammers will used the money they've apparently scammed you with & waste it on travel & accommodation & on top of it present evidence to you of their travel & meeting with absa?
If it is really a scam do you honestly make yourself believe that a lawyer, advocates, Senior council will get themselves involved in a scam that will not only sacrifice their career, but also their families?
The very same people you label as scammers made financial sacrifices in their commitment to the process, (sold their properties etc) compromised their families financially to honour their agreement with you and 1000's others.

Regards,
Johan Landsman
I eagerly await the news that you got paid out. I doubt it will happen, and expect it will be revealed as just a scam, so my wait will be very long.

@Tony

@Johan Landsman

Who are these senior counsel advocates, who is the legal team, what are their names?

By the way, as OP, I made no claims. The Surtie story is the claim that requires evidence.

What forensic evidence has been presented? Point me to it.

What is the name of the trust?

Why isn't any of this massive government and Absa cover up published in mainstream media?

And yes, I want my money back. Who should I contact?
It is obvious that you, Mr Noname, should request your money from the person you have it too and stop spreading rumours and fake news that you can not substantiate.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

It seems that you are an agent of the appartheid crowd that benefited from this family's funds since the 1980's and now wanting to cover up your tracks, or the crowd that lost their mandate to recover the funds and now having sower grapes and trying to derail the current legal council, because you are in bed with the previous oppressors.

People you are been taken for a ride, with this fake news and sensation seekers. The Surtie inheritance is real and nobody is scamming anybody. Watch this space......

supersunbird

Honorary Master
It is obvious that you, Mr Noname, should request your money from the person you have it too and stop spreading rumours and fake news that you can not substantiate.

It seems that you are an agent of the appartheid crowd that benefited from this family's funds since the 1980's and now wanting to cover up your tracks, or the crowd that lost their mandate to recover the funds and now having sower grapes and trying to derail the current legal council, because you are in bed with the previous oppressors.

People you are been taken for a ride, with this fake news and sensation seekers. The Surtie inheritance is real and nobody is scamming anybody. Watch this space......
Oh, some other newby just joining today, defending it? Calling people names. Typical of scam supporters, happens on FB or Moneyweb and wherever such items are posted, doubting the legitimacy of such a venture.

In fact, you and Johan Landsman should just have kept quiet and let this thread have died into obscurity, but no, now you are giving it the Streisand effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

PsyWulf

Executive Member

Nobody is buying the **** you are selling

bandooq

Expert Member
1. How much is the deposit for this investment?
2. Can I make monthly payments as well?

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Mr. No Name Brand, you conveniently identify yourself as Eti 1. You make strong claims, inter alia scams, and you identify those well-known criminals in your "beyond reasonable doubt" acquisitions. Yet you stay in vain to fully identify yourself. Why? I can think of a few reasons, but let me not speculate. You tell me in clear language & uncertain terms why you hide behind a secret name. The people you are talking about are known to you & all other beneficiaries. They have nothing to hide. Not even for the Hawks! The people who enriches themselves to millions over years/decades have a lot to cover up for, inter alia keeping the Surtie claim out the mainstream media, BUT not for long. Hence their silence, trusting that this claim will die unexpectedly & allow them to walk away free, unchallenge & enjoy the fruit of their unlawful acts.
I can give you conclusive, beyond doubt evidence, answers to all your questions, but let us play honestly & with integrity. I deliberately fully identified myself so that you & your chior now whom you talking to. Fair play is for you & your chior to do same.
However, I assume you will not accept my invitation to identify yourself.
Can I therefore make it easy for you to get answers to "your scam"? Google my name to aware yourself it's not a fake person. Johan Landsman is real and alive! After google proceed to facebook. Inbox me with your identity.
If you're in Cape Town area I will give you answers/evidence to your painful questions. I will even walk you to senior council.
Next time you impersonate someone you might want to be sure that you can speak with the same command of English that they do.

Johan Landsman

Oh, some other newby just joining today, defending it? Calling people names. Typical of scam supporters, happens on FB or Moneyweb and wherever such items are posted, doubting the legitimacy of such a venture.

In fact, you and Johan Landsman should just have kept quiet and let this thread have died into obscurity, but no, now you are giving it the Streisand effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
In my previous reply I offered Mr. No Name an opportunity to evidence of the claim. Supersunbird, what kind of a name is that? My name, as on my identity card is Johan Landsman. Again, I have zero to hide! If you are so convince about what you believe to be true why are you writing/posting under a secret bird? :)