Swimming pool cleaner size?

Moe_G10

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
306
Reaction score
44
So we're busy repairing the pool which is relatively a splash pool. Around 6x3m and about 18000 liters capacity. Pool has no kreepy. What size kreepy should I get? Will any size work or will it be to be big for the pool to get the normal sized ones?

Anyone with some info? Would appreciate the guidance.
 
pic of the pool. is the pump connection pool cleaner friendly. any cheap one should work.
I don't have one at the moment. Can take one tomorrow. Yes, it does have the connection for the kreepy, it had the leaf collector connected to it only.

I was still looking at this on takealot and missed out on the daily deal. Check this out on takealot, http://takealot.com/og/v1/PLID32838583

Basically just use less hosing for the pool I assume?

Also, I see that it's a salt cholirinator and I have no idea if it's working or not without actually filling the pool. Will only know by Wednesday if it's working or not. Read up a bit on and seems like it's really cost effective with no itchy red eyes as normal chemical chlorine.
 
Any old pool cleaner should be fine as long as you have strong enough suction and no sharp corners / edges in your pool.

Most people who complain about the automatic pool cleaner not working have not changed the sand in the filter for a while, the diaphragm's are usually torn or they tend to have an airlock in their pipes.
 
Bought a kreepy krauly sand shark but to further compound the problem, I found the pool sand filter has a crack and I need to replace it. Electrical faults have been fixed, motor is running as well as the chlorinator, runs for a few seconds then water starts shooting out of the sand filter. Hopefully this is the last expense I need to make. Pool salt, pool sand are bought already. Let's see how it goes. Anybody knows of a cheap place to purchase a sand filter a 2 bag one would be perfect for my pool.
 
Not sure if you want to spend more bit look at Eco Fibre.

I havr been using it for a few weeks now and water is looking very clear
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X