Team Fortress 2 - Engine Error When Joining/Creating Server

Peppercorns

Hey Guys,

I've recently started experiencing a problem with Team Fortress 2. If I either join server or create a server, the game crashes and give an error saying:

"Internal Driver Error at present. You're likely out of OS Paged pool Memory"

I've tried various ways to try resolve this, such as uninstalling any anti-virus programs I had and updating/rolling back Video Card Drivers.

The game ran perfectly fine in Windows Vista, but I recently went back to Windows XP and am currently running SP3. (This error already started happening before I installed SP3)

Strange thing is that if I boot up my PC and immediately run the game, it has no errors and plays fine. Only when I run the game after my PC has been running for about 10mins, I get this engine error.

If anyone else has had this problem before or has any solutions, please help.

Thanx
Peppercorns

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Increase your page file.

Press the Windows key and Pause, look for Advanced settings>Performance, virtual memory etc. now take the amount of RAM you have and multiply it by 3.8 (so if you have 1024 it's X 3.8 etc) take that number and specify it as your page file size.

Ciao ;)

Peppercorns

Ok, it seems that I'm still having the problem :(
I have no idea what to do.
I've increased virtual memory to 7782mb (2048 x 3.8)

Restarting my PC and immediately running steam and the game without doing anything else is really beginning to frustrate me :(

If anyone has any solution or has had this problem before plz help

Thanx :rolleyes:

Last edited: