Tech tested for beaming energy from outer space to Earth

j4ck455

Executive Member
The promise of solar power from space is that it would eliminate the clean energy technology’s biggest drawback — not being able to operate in darkness — by putting the panels in orbit where they can evade Earth’s shadow.
Imagine how great this would be as a weapon that can be used to microwave your enemies from space and you wouldn't have to wait for the sun to come up in China before it can be used for that purpose.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Imagine how great this would be as a weapon that can be used to microwave your enemies from space and you wouldn't have to wait for the sun to come up in China before it can be used for that purpose.
Archimedes would be so proud.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Trail run cough Covid proved that that is not a option.... ;)
China lost control there, I'm sure that a lot of R&D effort is being directed at selective bio weapons that can be controlled.

The rise of the army of 12 monkeys and their (penile?) pox.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
China lost control there, I'm sure that a lot of R&D effort is being directed at selective bio weapons that can be controlled.

The rise of the army of 12 monkeys and their (penile?) pox.
Didn't SA reportedly have a targeted Bio-warfare program in the 80s

Arthur

Honorary Master
In my view it"s really silly and shortsighted to beam ergs from space when we can unlock the same quantum juice right here on earth. For decades we've had dozens of fission reactors floating about in the oceans, and many more planted on soil. Overall, their safety record is better than any other bulk energy production tech. It's high time we got past this juvenile, irrational and ideologically-tainted opposition to nuclear-generated electricity.