Teeth Whitening Stuffs

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Teeth Whitening Stuffs - I need something to clear the eww of my teeth and return it to its shiney whiteness - don't recommend the dentist i hate that idiot :p this is just to remove the coffee/tea/water/whatever causes teeth to lose their shine - any product you can buy at the supermarket...?

Thanks
J

xrapidx

Honorary Master
You get various ones... some with a bluelight thingy...some with a dye I think... I wouldn't bother with the toothpastes...it'd take forever... first choice is the dentist... best option.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Teeth Whitening Stuffs - I need something to clear the eww of my teeth and return it to its shiney whiteness - don't recommend the dentist i hate that idiot :p this is just to remove the coffee/tea/water/whatever causes teeth to lose their shine - any product you can buy at the supermarket...?

Thanks
J
I feel I should tell you . . . there is more than one. :)

killadoob

Honorary Master
lol

nothing on the market will give the results a dentist will

also brush your teeth more and tea might not stain, chew some gum or something, also brush your teeth at night because tea can stain during the night :)

Keeper

Honorary Master
lol

nothing on the market will give the results a dentist will

also brush your teeth more and tea might not stain, chew some gum or something, also brush your teeth at night because tea can stain during the night :)

I'm seriously not trying to be funny but TEA CAN DO THAT??

killadoob

Honorary Master
lol yes

if you drink tea before you go to bed, it will have an entire night to stain your teeth

i think ppl who dont brush twice a though are being silly

ppl who dont brush in the morning ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

xrapidx

Honorary Master
i think ppl who dont brush twice a though are being silly

ppl who dont brush in the morning ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I had this thing this weekend with this girl... woke up at her house with no tooth brush... I hate it when that happens...and she kept wanting to kiss me... eventually got home to my toothbrush...which now lives in my car. :rolleyes:

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
You get various ones... some with a bluelight thingy...some with a dye I think... I wouldn't bother with the toothpastes...it'd take forever... first choice is the dentist... best option.
Well that dentist bugger who thinks my mouth is a place to stomp on I dont like him - so what are the alternatives, where can one buy them pick n pay etc or ?

Thanks
J

DJ...

Banned
The commercial ones are no use - they are bleach alternatives AFAIK and dont actually clean the teeth - they just barely change the colour of the cr@p on your teeth. The dentist is best - but I do know that there are so called professional whitening products at Pharmacies like Dischem.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Well that dentist bugger who thinks my mouth is a place to stomp on I dont like him - so what are the alternatives, where can one buy them pick n pay etc or ?

Thanks
J
Dischem, think I seen them at P&P with the toothpaste...

Why not try an oral hygenist? No clue what they are though... I was just told to go by my ex cause my teeth are becoming coffee coloured... cause I drink to much coffee.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Dischem, think I seen them at P&P with the toothpaste...

Why not try an oral hygenist? No clue what they are though... I was just told to go by my ex cause my teeth are becoming coffee coloured... cause I drink to much coffee.
Pretty much the same here tea etc - its starting to annoy me so I'm just seeing what my options are :p - will try the home shizness first - if that dont work well i'll pop in to the dentist - its just 8-6 every day dont leave me that much time...

Thanks
J

Londo

Those strips you keep on your teeth for 20 mins a day for about 2 weeks work. Just hope you don't get a phone call when you have them on. I used some in the US and my teeth definitely got whiter. Impressed a friend who had paid a few hundred dollars to a dentist to make his teeth whiter. Probably around R100 here.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I'm told the dentist route can be mad painful.

Also, if you have fillings then they might stand out more with white teeth since the fillings are mixed to match the yellowness of your teeth.

Londo

Those strips you keep on your teeth for 20 mins a day for about 2 weeks work. Just hope you don't get a phone call when you have them on. I used some in the US and my teeth definitely got whiter. Impressed a friend who had paid a few hundred dollars to a dentist to make his teeth whiter. Probably around R100 here.
No, more than that as the kit cost about 30US so R250 here.

Maelly

Expert Member
I guess the Dent route will set u back a couple of thousands rands heh? After all, thats 'cosmetic' not medical, so its not coverd by MedAids right?

st0rm3rs

I read somewhere you should make a paste of strawberries and some baking soda.
Can't remember where I read it though.