Telecommunications Ombudsman

Chet

Good morning, I have a dispute currently with Vodacom and their unfair billing. I am looking to find out how to get hold of the correct Ombudsman relevant to this industry please. Can anyone help me with this?

Kodaks

Good day my name is Cody Ferreira i seriously don't know what to do anymore i wrote a complaint on hello Peter on the 03/07/2019 they only emailed me telling me they will look into my complaint. In 2016 I bought a iPhone at Vodacom on contract. My lcd damaged in 2017 knowing I have insurance I took my phone in for repairs and until today has never received my phone back. I went to the store numerous of times and always received different stories e.g Vodacom will contact me. Never in the two years have I received a call from Vodacom. I stopped payment on the phone due to me not having the phone, my account was handed over demanding payment. On 11/07/2019 I went back again wanting my phone they went to their storeroom and took my phone out of a box remaining with a damaged LCD. It was resubmitted for repairs on the 11/03/2019 and as u was informed Vodacom will phone me still never received a call. I informed the person who was helping that day I stopped payment at klerksdorp branch Vodacom shop Klerksdorp Fanie shop G15, Checkers Hyper, C/O Margaretha, church Street klerksdorp. Told I went back to the shop 11/07/2019 spoke to the manager Hennie Schoeman he told me that cannot do anything about the situation as it's the repair departments job. Not once have people at this branch phoned me to inform me that my phone is back and not fixed. I asked to speak to the regional manager he went to the back for a few minutes and only cane back with a e-mail address telling me I should e-mail the regional manager my problem. All of asudden in the same breath he told me my phone wasn't repaired due to me not having insurance. In the two years struggling to get my phone this is the 1st time that popped up.. I please need help urgently

TeamICASA

Good day my name is Cody Ferreira i seriously don't know what to do anymore i wrote a complaint on hello Peter on the 03/07/2019 they only emailed me telling me they will look into my complaint. In 2016 I bought a iPhone at Vodacom on contract. My lcd damaged in 2017 knowing I have insurance I took my phone in for repairs and until today has never received my phone back. I went to the store numerous of times and always received different stories e.g Vodacom will contact me. Never in the two years have I received a call from Vodacom. I stopped payment on the phone due to me not having the phone, my account was handed over demanding payment. On 11/07/2019 I went back again wanting my phone they went to their storeroom and took my phone out of a box remaining with a damaged LCD. It was resubmitted for repairs on the 11/03/2019 and as u was informed Vodacom will phone me still never received a call. I informed the person who was helping that day I stopped payment at klerksdorp branch Vodacom shop Klerksdorp Fanie shop G15, Checkers Hyper, C/O Margaretha, church Street klerksdorp. Told I went back to the shop 11/07/2019 spoke to the manager Hennie Schoeman he told me that cannot do anything about the situation as it's the repair departments job. Not once have people at this branch phoned me to inform me that my phone is back and not fixed. I asked to speak to the regional manager he went to the back for a few minutes and only cane back with a e-mail address telling me I should e-mail the regional manager my problem. All of asudden in the same breath he told me my phone wasn't repaired due to me not having insurance. In the two years struggling to get my phone this is the 1st time that popped up.. I please need help urgently

Complaints regarding contract terms and conditions, faulty handsets, misrepresentation, and value-added services, unfortunately, fall outside of ICASA’s mandate and should be referred to the National Consumer Commission. ICASA would look into the billing matter as you were billed without having received the service that was promised.
However, the overall manner in which the service provider has treated you as you have described is terrible.
I have attached a complaint form which you can complete and send to consumer@icasa.org.za to lodge a complaint.

Regards
ICASA: DK

Attachments

• Complaints Form.pdf
    80.9 KB · Views: 31

Hester1234

HP Logo Write a review
Heste R

2 reviews | Active since Jul 2017

30 Jan 2020, 20:36
Vodacom is ignorant to fraud which their own employees created

I want to lodge a complaint against vodacom. In 2016 I have taken out 2 contracts on my name. I made sure that the contracts were on a top up package. The debit order was in place. On 2016/8/26 I started to pay more and was in arrears. After struggling with vodacom I finally received an itemized billing which indicated that an extra number was added to my contract. I phoned the number and it belonged to an unknown male named Victor. I phoned vodacom and informed them. I laid multiple complaints with vodacom to rectify it. I even went to saps to report a fraud case and e mailed it to vodacom. It's 2020 now and MBD has black listed me for not paying my vodacom account. I even went to lawyers who started corresponding with them and I paid my side of what I owed. The part where Victor owes is still expected to be paid by me. Vodacom never investigated the matter and never removed that number from my contract. I feel incompetent as a mother because my daughter's study loan was unsuccessful due to vodacom who discredited me for their mistake. I need help in this matter because no one is listening to me

Executive Member
Hi,

Please read the rest of the thread. The method for complaining about Vodacom is listed in the post directly above yours, and a few posts above that has links to the online forms if you would prefer to fill them out instead.

Hester1234

Hi,

Please read the rest of the thread. The method for complaining about Vodacom is listed in the post directly above yours, and a few posts above that has links to the online forms if you would prefer to fill them out instead.
Thank you. I did complete the complaint form and emailed it to the email address given on the form. I hope for the best now

SuhailM

Hi. Sorry to jump onto someone else's post but I'm also looking to forward my issues to the correct ombudsman regarding Telkom.

So from about February/March 2020 our phonelines stopped working. This obviously includes our ADSL. We were still being billed and paid the bills promptly, despite having contacted telkom several times and asked about when the landlines will be repaired. As usual (since it happens twice a year) we were told that the copper cables were stolen and service will be resumed once the cables are replaced.

By September, we still had no service and chose to cancel out services with Telkom. Unfortunately the Telkom store at Liberty Mall gave us a runaround demanding different papers including (and im not joking) an affidavit to say that the original ID provided by the account holder (in person) is theirs.

Online wasn't much help either. The account is so old that it doesn't have a telkom email address. But I managed to find a way via Google. I cancelled the landline and ADSL packages.

About a month ago, I received a bill from Telkom. When I asked why on Twitter (yes, I messaged them for the above issue on Twitter first. No help) I was told that I cancelled the landline and ADSL but not the data. (Read that again)

So my journey hasn't ended. I can't cancel the data without signing into telkoms se.rvices. Unfortunately their OTP expires after three minutes and the OTP arrives after 3 days, 20 minutes, an hour, or not at all. Tried signing up via web and mobile app, same issue.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out? Who is the right person to forward this to?