Telecommunications Ombudsman

Chet

Good morning, I have a dispute currently with Vodacom and their unfair billing. I am looking to find out how to get hold of the correct Ombudsman relevant to this industry please. Can anyone help me with this?

Kodaks

Good day my name is Cody Ferreira i seriously don't know what to do anymore i wrote a complaint on hello Peter on the 03/07/2019 they only emailed me telling me they will look into my complaint. In 2016 I bought a iPhone at Vodacom on contract. My lcd damaged in 2017 knowing I have insurance I took my phone in for repairs and until today has never received my phone back. I went to the store numerous of times and always received different stories e.g Vodacom will contact me. Never in the two years have I received a call from Vodacom. I stopped payment on the phone due to me not having the phone, my account was handed over demanding payment. On 11/07/2019 I went back again wanting my phone they went to their storeroom and took my phone out of a box remaining with a damaged LCD. It was resubmitted for repairs on the 11/03/2019 and as u was informed Vodacom will phone me still never received a call. I informed the person who was helping that day I stopped payment at klerksdorp branch Vodacom shop Klerksdorp Fanie shop G15, Checkers Hyper, C/O Margaretha, church Street klerksdorp. Told I went back to the shop 11/07/2019 spoke to the manager Hennie Schoeman he told me that cannot do anything about the situation as it's the repair departments job. Not once have people at this branch phoned me to inform me that my phone is back and not fixed. I asked to speak to the regional manager he went to the back for a few minutes and only cane back with a e-mail address telling me I should e-mail the regional manager my problem. All of asudden in the same breath he told me my phone wasn't repaired due to me not having insurance. In the two years struggling to get my phone this is the 1st time that popped up.. I please need help urgently

TeamICASA

Good day my name is Cody Ferreira i seriously don't know what to do anymore i wrote a complaint on hello Peter on the 03/07/2019 they only emailed me telling me they will look into my complaint. In 2016 I bought a iPhone at Vodacom on contract. My lcd damaged in 2017 knowing I have insurance I took my phone in for repairs and until today has never received my phone back. I went to the store numerous of times and always received different stories e.g Vodacom will contact me. Never in the two years have I received a call from Vodacom. I stopped payment on the phone due to me not having the phone, my account was handed over demanding payment. On 11/07/2019 I went back again wanting my phone they went to their storeroom and took my phone out of a box remaining with a damaged LCD. It was resubmitted for repairs on the 11/03/2019 and as u was informed Vodacom will phone me still never received a call. I informed the person who was helping that day I stopped payment at klerksdorp branch Vodacom shop Klerksdorp Fanie shop G15, Checkers Hyper, C/O Margaretha, church Street klerksdorp. Told I went back to the shop 11/07/2019 spoke to the manager Hennie Schoeman he told me that cannot do anything about the situation as it's the repair departments job. Not once have people at this branch phoned me to inform me that my phone is back and not fixed. I asked to speak to the regional manager he went to the back for a few minutes and only cane back with a e-mail address telling me I should e-mail the regional manager my problem. All of asudden in the same breath he told me my phone wasn't repaired due to me not having insurance. In the two years struggling to get my phone this is the 1st time that popped up.. I please need help urgently

Complaints regarding contract terms and conditions, faulty handsets, misrepresentation, and value-added services, unfortunately, fall outside of ICASA’s mandate and should be referred to the National Consumer Commission. ICASA would look into the billing matter as you were billed without having received the service that was promised.
However, the overall manner in which the service provider has treated you as you have described is terrible.
I have attached a complaint form which you can complete and send to consumer@icasa.org.za to lodge a complaint.

Regards
ICASA: DK

Attachments