Telkom 4Mbps to 10Mpbs Scam?

Farhaan Surtie

For everyone who has taken a 4Mbps Unlimitedhome fibre package from Telkom have recently "benefited" from a speed to 10Mbps. The increase comes at a small price increase from R605pm to R649pm compared to the normal price of R807pm. This is according to all communication sent by Telkom to all its customers like myself. The problem with this is that you are made to believe that you are going from a 4Mbps Unlimitedhome account to a 10Mbps Unlimitedhome account where the FUP is much higher than other accounts. In actual fact you are being moved to an Unlimitedhome lite account without your knowledge. Not only is your FUP much lower, with FUP Level 3 coming in at 200GB, there is no knowledge whatsoever of this passed on to the customer.

Telkom is making theit customers believe that they are getting the same package that they signed up for with the apparent benefit of a speed increase but they are actually losing out if they are heavy internet users who might a larger family or someone who does freelance work such as photography or videography.

This is a blatant lie to all of their customers and something that has been forced onto them without any acceptance on the customers side.

According the weblink below no mention is made of a move being made to the Unlimitedhome lite account.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/98635bbf7d174beca697dffb99806cda-images/Telkom/P300821_Fibre_4_to_10Mbps_Forced+_Migration_Comms/P300821_Fibre_4_to_10Mbps_Forced+_Migration_Comms_online1.html

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just switch to Cool ideas. R499 unshaped uncapped Openserve fibre. You will be saving R150 monthly where you can look for a VOIP provider or get some mobile data as a backup.

isie

Honorary Master
For everyone who has taken a 4Mbps Unlimitedhome fibre package from Telkom have recently "benefited" from a speed to 10Mbps. The increase comes at a small price increase from R605pm to R649pm compared to the normal price of R807pm. This is according to all communication sent by Telkom to all its customers like myself. The problem with this is that you are made to believe that you are going from a 4Mbps Unlimitedhome account to a 10Mbps Unlimitedhome account where the FUP is much higher than other accounts. In actual fact you are being moved to an Unlimitedhome lite account without your knowledge. Not only is your FUP much lower, with FUP Level 3 coming in at 200GB, there is no knowledge whatsoever of this passed on to the customer.

Telkom is making theit customers believe that they are getting the same package that they signed up for with the apparent benefit of a speed increase but they are actually losing out if they are heavy internet users who might be using this work or larger families.

This is a blatant lie to all of their customers and something that has been forced onto them without any acceptance on the customers side.

According the weblink below no mention is made of a move being made to the Unlimitedhome lite account.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/98635bbf7d174beca697dffb99806cda-images/Telkom/P300821_Fibre_4_to_10Mbps_Forced+_Migration_Comms/P300821_Fibre_4_to_10Mbps_Forced+_Migration_Comms_online1.html
do you have the link to the FUP policy for the lite packages or is it purely anecdotal?

also if i were you i wouldn't use the argument that people using it for work the packages are only for home usage and not meant for businesses even if business is run from home just fyi.

Farhaan Surtie

do you have the link to the FUP policy for the lite packages or is it purely anecdotal?

also if i were you i wouldn't use the argument that people using it for work the packages are only for home usage and not meant for businesses even if business is run from home just fyi.
Yes I do, please see the attached file for more information.

I agree with you on that and have corrected my post.

Attachments