Telkom ADSL line down for 3 days now

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
4,718
Reaction score
936
Logged a ticket, tried to phone call center and emailing them. No answer or response. What's a person gotta do?
 
Done that too.

I tell you give it a few years. I know it's not what you want to hear but then we should see fibre being more accusable and you won't even need Telkom anymore cause you will be able to get fibre from someone else. Then we all stand together and get fibre from someone else Telkom might wake up but it will be already to late.
 
Log a fault via their android app, wait two days for the phone call from the call center, and then another couple of hours for the technician to phone you and say he's reset the port. Been happening the last two weeks with my line. frustrating to say the least.
 
Pffft amateurs..

My line's been down for 27 days now, apparently Telkom needs to replace a cable at the SDC whateverthe**** that means. Altho I guess I should be used to it by now, about 2 years ago I was down for 4 months with no dial-tone. Go Telkom!

Not bad for the suburb right next to Waterkloof where all the latest **** gets rolled out first hey?
 
Last edited:
The last three times I logged a ticket it took four days until they even delegated it to a technician. He came within the next two days. Usually my downtime was around 2-3 weeks, not sure how long until I get downtime again, my line misbehaves a lot since they started the new system.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X