• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Telkom ADSL Order Processing Times

hi ,

So decided to go with Telkom for the first time as an ISP

Line was migrated back to the holding pool on Monday, called up sales did the sign-up for home unlimited , sales guy said i need to wait to get my account details, since i'm doing the self install thought this was a really quick process. I've changed ISP's before and i remember it being an hour or 2 before i got my details to load into my router.

Any idea how long it takes for Telkom to give me my account details, Username and Password ? or can i contact anyone ?

Many Thanks,

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Depending on the time you placed the order it's anywhere from same day to 24 hours before you get SMS with PPPoE details.

Otherwise call again.

They did stuff up my order with regards to Router/SIM/Media Box delivery or just took their time and I just went to the shop to fetch it all eventually.

llewxam

Well, believe it or not. I went to Rosebank on Sunday morning to signup to Telkom 10mpbs and 1 hour later I was up and running. It is shocking that Telkom has delivered a better service than Afrihost which was my ISP for 5 years. So far so good...all seems to run well. No more have this slow internet(when i was with Afrihost) between 6pm and 9pm every night plus i pay now less than before.

ponder

Honorary Master
Any idea how long it takes for Telkom to give me my account details, Username and Password ? or can i contact anyone ?

Many Thanks,
Just call them back and ask. I got mine while on the phone ordering it.