telkom.co.za down?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
A week or 2 back we had no incoming and outgoing calls all over KZN (dunno if other areas were affected), just engaged tone. Also my Telkom mobile died completely, as in didn't register the sim at all until 2 days later it just came back on it's own. They seem to be having some major shyte lately.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
A week or 2 back we had no incoming and outgoing calls all over KZN (dunno if other areas were affected), just engaged tone. Also my Telkom mobile died completely, as in didn't register the sim at all until 2 days later it just came back on it's own. They seem to be having some major shyte lately.

probably chief techie who resigned, now the others have to sukkel :D

rodga

Honorary Master
Went to Telkom shop at Blueroute Cape Town and they confirmed that Telkom has been down all day, they had no idea as to the cause of problem.

Irene store also offline this morning
since yesterday according to the consultant

Pixual

Expert Member
This is pretty bleak for Telkom. I see a serious revenue problem for them ahead if they can't keep their systems up and their subscribers happy. Yet another reason why I will never, ever take up any form of contract with any provider again.

Aharon

Honorary Master
Is there a Telkom Rep on here? I manually paid my contract this month via credit card on their website (on the 3rd) and they appear to have lost the payment. Last night they tried to run a NAEDO debit order for the same amount, luckily it declined, but cost me 8.50
:(

I have no idea of how to address this. I used their online chat and sent them proof of payment (account debit and authorization) and receipt from their website, but they dont seem to get it... they asked me what reference I used to EFT the money.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Is there a Telkom Rep on here? I manually paid my contract this month via credit card on their website (on the 3rd) and they appear to have lost the payment. Last night they tried to run a NAEDO debit order for the same amount, luckily it declined, but cost me 8.50

I have no idea of how to address this. I used their online chat and sent them proof of payment (account debit and authorization) and receipt from their website, but they dont seem to get it... they asked me what reference I used to EFT the money.

Try twitter, they generally respond there.

biometrics

Honorary Master

That R8.50 is from your bank, right? Wait for your next Telkom account, they'll nail you R150 or R200 for that. That's why Telkom and City of Cape Town doesn't get the privilege of a debit order.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
That R8.50 is from your bank, right? Wait for your next Telkom account, they'll nail you R150 or R200 for that. That's why Telkom and City of Cape Town doesn't get the privilege of a debit order.

No one deserves the privilege of a DO anymore! :mad:

MickeyD

RIP
Telkom... she be nailed and held to ransom... plenty of internal systems affected.

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Probably will get complimentary data for the inconvenience like the other year Telkom mobile had issues.

cpu.

Expert Member
Glad you didn't have to go looking for your connection... :)

Gudnews

I just need them to lower those high end prepaid data prices. R3200 for 100GB is not kosher! Cell C set the standard, go on ahead as well Telkom.