Telkom Fibre - Disapointing service.

Yenolo

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
137
Reaction score
10
Location
Durban
I recently had my 10mbps ADSL line migrated to a new fibre line, as fibre has just been rolled out in my area. Afrihost was my ISP when I had ADSL but as Telkom were offering an uncapped, 20 Mbps package for just R699 p/m, including modem and installation - as long as I signed up for 24 months, I decided to change to Telkom. What a mistake! After the Openserv tech did the installation I checked the speed and pointed out to him that it was only 10 Mbps, he said that it would be changed within 48 hours to the correct 20 Mbps. That was nearly three weeks ago. I've since phoned Telkom at least three times, been into three different Telkom shops and contacted the rep who sent me the application form for fibre at least four times. I keep getting pushed from one person to the next or just plain dead ends, no one at Telkom seems to care a damn. I'm now wishing I had stayed with Afrihost as they always gave me great service. To change back to Afrihost would apparently mean 48 hours off-line, while the switch over happens, something that I can't afford to have. I trusted Telkom to give at lease some semblance of decent service but even that they cannot do. :mad:
 
It is a shame and many suffer from them.

I can tell you your first mistake, it is right there "Telkom"
 
It is a shame and many suffer from them.

I can tell you your first mistake, it is right there "Telkom"
I once used telkom and i finished the 12 month adsl contract and they continued billing me for 7 good months afteri had stopped service. I went back and forth and it was when i decided to go the legal route (lawyers) that they suddenly saw i had cancelled the service, after i had mentioned that i was going to seek legal counsel. That they suddenly remembered to refund me. Imagine. they refunded me but i will never go back to telkom. I would rather not have internet at all.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X