Telkom pathetic service

Shel39

My husband canceled his wifi contract he had with Telkom in November 2019. Gave them a month's notice. Now we in the process of applying for a home loan. And his credit rating came back bad because of an outstanding bill with Telkom. Imagine. Called them and their response was that we haven't paid January, February and March 2020. How ridiculous is that. Told them that we canceled in November 2019. They came back saying they will send an enquiry to update the system and find out what was the delay. So on. Now because of an error on their side we have to sit and wait. Which is 7 to 14 working days. We have to wait so long for an error they made to be rectified. What pathetic service is that. This is delaying us which is not fair. Very unprofessional of them.

clickingbuttons

Did you phone Telkom every day and send them a new email every day until they acknowledged your cancellation request?

If you didn't do that then in their eyes you didn't cancel your service.

Shel39

No we did not do that. Because December they didn't deduct. Now January last year. Feb and March. They deducted. So he put a stop order on. And reversed those debit orders. But why should we keep calling them.. And that is not the type of service you offer your customers.

Budza

Executive Member
No we did not do that. Because December they didn't deduct. Now January last year. Feb and March. They deducted. So he put a stop order on. And reversed those debit orders. But why should we keep calling them.. And that is not the type of service you offer your customers.
Treating the symptoms there, not he cause.

Should have confirmed the cancellation the stopped the debit orders.

Shel39

I completely understand, then why didn't they deduct April and so on. If they claim they were not Made aware. Which to me confirms they were aware it was canceled. So why not update their system then.

Shel39

So what you suggest I would have done.? It is the employees that's giving bad service, making Telkom a bad company. Well I have logged a complaint with the ombudsman already.

Shel39

Well my complaint to the ombudsman was recieved. And forwarded to telkom. The complaints department there responded. So I will wait and see.