Telkom Smart Home Contract Bundle ADSL Router Substitution?

Totempole

Executive Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
5,163
Reaction score
1,534
Location
Cape Town
So I'm interested in getting one of the Telkom Smart Home ADSL bundles, but I'd prefer a Netgear DGN2200 over the D-Link 2750U. The Netgear is only R50 more than the D-Link at Telkom, and I'm willing to pay the extra in to be able to get the Netgear instead of the D-Link.

I'm hoping to get a response from Telkom sometime tomorrow, but I really can't see why this should be an issue.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? If so, how did they handle your request?
 
Don't hold your breath, not at this time of the year anyway.
Multiply their poor service x10 this time of year, most of Telkom are there only in body.
 
Hi,

I've requested the Netgear when ordering my line, and the nice lady at Telkom kept it aside for me.
No extra charges.

If you don't get joy, PM me, and I'll see if I cant help

PS: Telkom isn't really that bad, I just had good experiences the last 2 years.
 
Hi,

I've requested the Netgear when ordering my line, and the nice lady at Telkom kept it aside for me.
No extra charges.

If you don't get joy, PM me, and I'll see if I cant help

PS: Telkom isn't really that bad, I just had good experiences the last 2 years.

+1 - they have been awesome with me... but my relationship with them is only a year long...

ANd I did call them last week to make a change - and was on hold for 5mins... but I'm ok with that too :-)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X