Terrible throughput - Ubiquiti Powerbeam

ThatOtherDude

cool thanks, we have clear LOS.

we can see both antennas (the one from the other, with 15x70 binocs)

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
1. Set channel width to 20mhz
2. Set TX power to full on both sides
3. Turn off auto frequency, choose a channel as its busy hoping now. (run the spectrum analyser to see which channel is the quietest)
4. If after these settings link signal is still -70 or more you need to align both sides at the dish as moved. At this distance you should see about -40/-45db. If you see under -40 after alignment bring back your TX power until your signal is -50db which is ideal.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
-70 dBm or less. -40 dBm is the strongest. Then the manual should give you an ideal backoff value as suggested (-50dBm) or whatever the manual says is the value.

eddief1

Expert Member
thanks for the help.

got it sorted.

View attachment 699399
I know it is better. But your horizontal & vertical chains should match or be closer, and a CCQ of 73% is considered terrible. I still think you not aligned

Have you tried 20Mhz?

Also those items you highlighted 270Mbps, etc...Just FYI that is not the TCP speed so can be very misleading regarding actual throughput.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I know it is better. But your horizontal & vertical chains should match or be closer, and a CCQ of 73% is considered terrible. I still think you not aligned

Have you tried 20Mhz?

Also those items you highlighted 270Mbps, etc...Just FYI that is not the TCP speed so can be very misleading regarding actual throughput.
Agree. Still not as good as it could be. The basics are still not set optimally.
Alignment and Cross Polarisation are off.

HartsockZA

1566198705090.png

Thanks @Level 7 was battling with a connection and then you reminded me of the silly channel and airOS.