Thanks MTN - I was your customer

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
15,293
Reaction score
1,531
Location
Benoniebfkweesnie
Every single time I make a call, I get an advert for some or other MTN promo that I must listen to first before my call is connected. Why is this? I do NOT want any fücking advertising while phoning. According to their call centre, it will take 24 hours to fix - the exact same time it takes to port.
 
so you going to move Gregs? Don't Port just yet man, rather wait and see almost made that mistake
 
so you going to move Gregs? Don't Port just yet man, rather wait and see almost made that mistake

I have two numbers. One was ported to them a while back. That is the one that is giving me issues. People contact me mostly on the other but that one I do use for mainly outgoing calls so I am very annoyed by it. I hear what you are saying. That said, one more advert and I will lose my mind.
 
I've got way more worst problems when I moved to Telkom Mobile luckily I kept my MTN sim
 
This is the thing.They all get as bad as each other so we're left with deciding who were gonna let screw us - much like banks.
 
That's insane. Never heard of it. Can imagine how it'd drive you nuts if you're trying to get stuff done.

Not a bad idea though- offer lower call rates if one is willing to be subjected to some BS advertising before your call...
 
No never ever heard of such a thing. What is being played before the call gets connected? Are you sure it is not the caller tunez from MTN or Welcome tones from Vodacom of the person you are calling?
 
No never ever heard of such a thing. What is being played before the call gets connected? Are you sure it is not the caller tunez from MTN or Welcome tones from Vodacom of the person you are calling?

Have seen reports of this before from MTN.
 
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/680345-MTN-playing-adverts-on-outgoing-calls

I would sue mtn for a obscene figure like a five hundred million stating that my call was a matter of life and death urgency and that they caused massive emotional damage to me.

It should be in the media and should make the investors very nervous... but you will never see a cent because somewhere in their terms it says they may sell you into slavery if they see it fit :p

certain there is an lawfirm willing to take up the case for nothing :whistle:
 
Are you on contract? I'm an MTN contract subscriber and have never experienced this.
 
I'm not sure if yours is the same, but my 30 second long horrible message before each outgoing call was about upgrading to an MTN LTE SIM card. Also called CC and complained: they said same, it will take 24hours due to that snippet being responsibly inserted by their advertising dept. DUH?. Anyhow a 1gig free data bundle was promised and is promoted and advertised vigorously when upgrading or changing to the MTN LTE sim. Not surprisingly I haven't received it, it's been almost a month since all those promises were made, not even a courtesy sms was relieved.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X