The Audi Thread

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
The B&O is good, I wouldn't say awesome though. It is definitely clean, clear and goes loud enough in the mid and upper frequencies. It also doesn't strain your ears even when loud. But it lacks in the bass department. There is some good mid-bass, and a little bit of sub-bass, but the tiny 8 inch free air subwoofer in the parcel shelf can't really keep up with the rest of the system and the road noise at loud volumes. I can hear mine clipping. It is still pretty decent though.

But for less than R8000 it is quite a bargain. I don't think you could get close with aftermarket kit for that money.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Anyone know the difference between Audi Symphony and Audi Concert radios?

This A5 with B&O, says Audi Concert on the radio - whereas the S4 had a Symphony, which I guessed was the standard. However, some people say the Symphony is good?

The difference between the two is the CD changer- Concert has a six-disc changer, Symphony only has the single. Otherwise, the systems are virtually identical (ignoring the B&O upgrade done on the A5).

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Anyone know the difference between Audi Symphony and Audi Concert radios?

This A5 with B&O, says Audi Concert on the radio - whereas the S4 had a Symphony, which I guessed was the standard. However, some people say the Symphony is good?

I think Symphony has a [6] CD shuttle?

I've had Concert and Symphony, the above was the only difference.

Dolby

Honorary Master
AH - so no real difference to me as I don't think I've touched a CD in years :p

Badprop_za

Expert Member
Congrats on the A5.

I think I have a S3 sedan in my future. :) That is when I can afford one. :(

R550-600k is a bit crazy. :wtf:

roadcat

Expert Member
Damn, I broke the sun visor clip (where it clips in and out) in my 2013 A4 today. Anyone know if you can replace these? Don't suppose that's on the motorplan somehow :)

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Yeah, IIRC I have Symphony, 6 CD shuttle. Hardly use CDs though. I should burn more MP3 CDs!

Indeed, that's why anyone looking for a B7 A4 or 8P A3 should look for 2007 and up models, as this is when MP3 CD functionality was added. :D

Dolby

Honorary Master
PP - do you know if you can get album art on the screen?
Or do you need the full MMI system ?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Indeed, that's why anyone looking for a B7 A4 or 8P A3 should look for 2007 and up models, as this is when MP3 CD functionality was added. :D

First thing I did when I got my B7 A4 was put in a DVD player :D

Attachments

• 1425402014427.jpg
    1425402014427.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 154

DominionZA

Executive Member
I need a less powerful/fun car. I fear I am giving Audi drivers a bad name out there (but making Audi look good). Sigh...

Debeer165

Expert Member
I need a less powerful/fun car. I fear I am giving Audi drivers a bad name out there (but making Audi look good). Sigh...
Get an A3 with the 1.6 diesel engine. In manual.

You won't be racing away at the lights anymore