The Audi Thread

DominionZA

Executive Member
Wow. This oil consumption is madness. I sometimes do a pint top up somewhere between services but that's it. If I floor it a bit much then I may need a bit more.

Last edited:

wolverine_dcp

Expert Member
Wow. This oil consumption is madness. I sometimes do a pint top up somewhere between services but that's it. If I floor it a bit much then I may need a bit more.

Wow this is something new for me don't own Audi but want one doing crazy research but now this oil story is like whoa

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Wow this is something new for me don't own Audi but want one doing crazy research but now this oil story is like whoa

I've heard so many bad stories about Audi dealerships/service centres from people I know, I will NEVER own one.

Badprop_za

Expert Member
I've heard so many bad stories about Audi dealerships/service centres from people I know, I will NEVER own one.
Seen this at a Toyota dealership as well. Never changing parts when car went for service. Owner of car was paranoid and marked all parts. :D

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Although I do complain about the oil thing, I must say I get exceptional service from Audi Centurion. Even better than BMW Centurion.

Grimspoon

Executive Member
Ive had a dodgey experience with Audi Northcliff, really put me off the brand. I am going to be looking for a new ride soon and was thinking the new A3 but the new 3 series is looking more tempting.

roadcat

Expert Member
Anyone know where (which garage) to buy the oil that is recommended for an Audi A4 1.8TFSi

They say you should only use totally synthetic oil (VW 205), but my local Engen doesn't stock anything of the kind, closest they have is multi-grade?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
If that's equivalent to 5W-40 (phone your Audi dealership to check) , I got some for my A3 at the Caltex close to my work. I had no luck at BP, but it's probably all area dependent.

Though you're better off buying a 5L from Midas or Game etc... for future requirements, instead of paying a premium at the petrol station.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
You need to buy VW spec oil. See the manual for the VW50x.x code. I just buy a 1 litre from the dealership. It's about R70. Not expensive and at least you know its the right stuff.

It's a 5W30 oil. But you must get the correct VW spec, not any old 5W30 will work.