The big Vumacam plan

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
The big Vumacam plan

Vumatel officially launched its Vumacam CCTV service in February 2019 with the aim of helping law enforcement and security firms to fight crime.

eg2505

Honorary Master
minority report much?

how long before somebody runs a people tracing algorithm, to track "covid" infections?
or some other whimsical excuse to track people without them complaining.

konfab

Honorary Master
57 murders a day.
116 rapes a day.
Kidnapping on the rise.

The police are completely unwilling to do their job in protecting people from crime with things like foot patrols. This is the logical conclusion. Security cameras linked to private security.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I see most poles don't have cameras. They look like lost oversized dildos!

Joseph matane

But this "oversized dildos" seems to be available only in upmarket neighborhoods so if they plan to use them as towers they need least to roll out infrastructure in every CBD that has Fibre on the ground across the country

Flywheel

Honorary Master
They installed quite a few poles in Chatsworth a month back. Almost all of them are now gone - for scrap metal and parts.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Sort of off-topic:

What could possibly go wrong?
Don't forget which country the anc government has wet dreams about every night.

...just saying....

(Yeah-yeah, I know-I know, "we're nowhere that" or "but muh private business" etc, etc.)
(Not so long ago the constitution still kind of meant "something".)
(Not so long ago EWC was also just "wishful pie-in-the-sky thinking"...yet here we are, well "on our way".)
(Situational awareness...never say never, etc.)

lsmt

Pretoria North is the drug capital of SA. Vumatel will NEVER deploy in PTA North because the drug lords control the neighborhood and the police. Vumatel started to roll out fiber in the north and two week later they fill up all their trenches and gave the area over to useless metrofiber. (I wonder why).

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Pretoria North is the drug capital of SA. Vumatel will NEVER deploy in PTA North because the drug lords control the neighborhood and the police. Vumatel started to roll out fiber in the north and two week later they fill up all their trenches and gave the area over to useless metrofiber. (I wonder why).

Pta north is super dodgy.

28k VOI per day ? Holy moly..

boboudts

If the moronic and hopeless anc won't protect us, then all strength to private enterprise!

Martin_P

Your going to run a wireless network on 5-6m poles good luck with that.